What's new

Questionable Packing

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would expect the packaging to be the same. I wonder if they go out of different warehouses.
That would be my guess if there's such a variation.

I've never had an issue with either company when it comes to packaging. The humidity levels are a different issue. They could be bone dry or soaking wet.
I've had so many dented tins from P&C but not as bad or unfortunate as a few others that I've seen pictures of when they opened the box. They don't use any packing materials. And if they do, it's maybe 1 or 2 air pillows if that. Just put it in the box and away it goes hoping to arrive in one piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Yes, I know I can not read the thread.

However, bashing a site sponsor when the cigars were not in any way damaged is ridiculous.
I agree... I guess people just expected "safer" packaging.

The cigars do look fine tho and they are great smokes.

Burn them up!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
That would be my guess if there's such a variation.
They're boxes packed by employees, so it's likely based on the employee. Some low-on-the-totem-pole guy probably got reamed by management because the shipping team was going through too much on packing material, so the guy said screw it and now packages with minimal care. Tale as old as time.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
They're boxes packed by employees, so it's likely based on the employee. Some low-on-the-totem-pole guy probably got reamed by management because the shipping team was going through too much on packing material, so the guy said screw it and now packages with minimal care. Tale as old as time.
Think you mean high on the totem pole guy. And again, the cigars were not damaged so let's move on. Pretty please (sorry, I'm not as savage as you Derek.)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yes, I know I can not read the thread.

However, bashing a site sponsor when the cigars were not in any way damaged is ridiculous.
I don't think anyone was bashing them. My biggest concern was if that was consider their standard packaging based off experience from other brothers here.

With them being a site sponsor, I figured that maybe they might see how some of their products are being shipped out. Crammed into a box that was to small with no type of protection with the exception to the deformed box the stick were in. The 5 packs were forced in at an angle. You can't even close the box back without forcing it to shut and taping it in place.

Just my honest review on the packing.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't think anyone was bashing them. My biggest concern was if that was consider their standard packaging based off experience from other brothers here.

With them being a site sponsor, I figured that maybe they might see how some of their products are being shipped out. Crammed into a box that was to small with no type of protection with the exception to the deformed box the stick were in. The 5 packs were forced in at an angle. You can't even close the box back without forcing it to shut and taping it in place.

Just my honest review on the packing.
Tagging an employee that has nothing to do with the shipping or retail aspect of JR and then continuing to talk about it in the manner it was discussed felt like bashing to me. I am not saying that was the original intent.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tagging an employee that has nothing to do with the shipping or retail aspect of JR and then continuing to talk about it in the manner it was discussed felt like bashing to me. I am not saying that was the original intent.
Completely understandable. I know that he works for them, but wasn't going to tag him as he has nothing to do with shipping, or prolly even customer service.

In the end, the sticks were not damaged.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
If this were an international package I guarantee those two sticks would arrive as a pile of kindling. Never seen anything like that in my life
I've had numerous international packages show up in nothing but a bubble mailer, without any extra bubble wrap or protection - these were at least packed in a box, they were fine.

Completely understandable. I know that he works for them, but wasn't going to tag him as he has nothing to do with shipping, or prolly even customer service.
False. Everything that occurs at JR is in one way or another related to @ar2381. He is their cornerstone. :)