What's new

Questions about Cigars

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Best advice someone gave me along time ago. Try everything. Do not base your likes and dislikes on what someone else says is good. You might miss out on something truly great!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Best advice someone gave me along time ago. Try everything. Do not base your likes and dislikes on what someone else says is good. You might miss out on something truly great!
Had to double quote...:dunno: hey it's a good one! Oh yeah and what Frank said..:thumbsup:

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I started smoking, the Edge by Rocky Patel was a great stick. Now...well we'll see. I also enjoyed the Romeo Y Julieta reserva maduro, Carlos Torano 1916, Carlos TOrano 1959 and Carlos Torano signature. all for about $6 online.

Those developed flavor profiles, taught me some basics (cutting/lighting and most importantly, enjoying the relaxation) without breaking the bank OR saying "Hey dude I once cut a Havana VI Artista and it fell apart (cause I cut it wrong LOL!)

HOpe that helps.

Sascha

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Man the original edge was awesome IMO. I don't know what happened, but I feel like the new ones taste different to me. Last month I had an original release edge I had been sitting on and it was fantastic IMO.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
for real, best value on the market

Oliva V Lancero by the box.

can be done for less than $4 per stick, on sale and less than $5, regular price. Either way it's a hellova lot less than $10.

36 smokes for $140

Just sayin

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Diesel, Super Premium 2nds, Padron, Oliva are some affordable sticks that I like. I've had the Flor de Oliva, but I'm not crazy about them. However, I've had a lot of people say they like them so if you haven't had them I'd say to give 'em a shot. Watch the monster, cbid, and the jams. Some decent cigars turn into "budget" smokes for a little while.

Little tangent, but I don't like using the term budget... really vague if you ask me (and I'm glad studley didn't coin them as such!). Tell me someone who has a humi full of Opus' and someone who has never had one define "budget" the same... I think it's become more of a catch phrase than a price designation. I've read a few great examples today: one person's budget smoke was $2-3, another's was $5-6, and another's was $8-10. That's up to a 400% increase! I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin... :dunno:

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
for real, best value on the market

Oliva V Lancero by the box.

can be done for less than $4 per stick, on sale and less than $5, regular price. Either way it's a hellova lot less than $10.

36 smokes for $140

Just sayin
36 awesome smokes too.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
All of these cigars were among Cigar Aficionados Magazine's Top 25 cigars + it is a killer deal:

Don Pepin Garcia 'Top 25' Sampler

The Don Pepin Garcia ’Top 25’ Sampler includes:
3 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generoso (6" x 50)
3 - La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial No. 5 (5.5" x 52)
3 - Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 (5" x 50)
3 - Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles (5" x 50)
3 - San Cristobal Clasico (5" x 50)

MSRP: $117.41
Sale Price: $39.95

Link

This is a great place to start...Enjoy!

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Regret? I never regret it. Though, I've got a meeting at 8am that I have to attend which is more of a waste of time than usual. I should probably go to bed here soon so I'm at least semi-conscious for it.