What's new

Questions about the FFPs

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So I've smoked some LP in the past month and I've liked all of them...I've found the construction, burn and flavor profile to be exceptional. But...I decided to smoke one of my two Feral Flying Pigs (I tried to age them but I couldn't)...I removed the pigtail, just to find a VERY loose draw. I couldn't get out many flavors, only some pepper. It surprised me so I smoked it completely to see if it would improve...but it didn't. It felt like it had a small whole in the middle. At the end of the cigar, it got REALLY hot and mushy (or softy), it just felt wrong. So I decided to smoke my 2nd Feral just to prove I was wrong or the one I had was a fluke...But my second FFP also had a very loose draw and the same issues that the one before. I've stored them for a month or so in my humidor at 68%-69% with other LP and none of the others had these issues...Sadly those were the only 2 I had and both had those issues.

Have any of you experienced this with the FFPs?

photo (9).JPG

Oh, and on that one the wrapper started to unravel...and even like that, the ash hold great!

EDIT: To avoid any misunderstanding, i'm not saying DE or LP suckz...Every other LP or UC cigar i've smoked (only 4 or 5 in total) have been exceptionally GREAT. I had high expectations and they met them. So, I understand why they are popular and would agree...i'm even looking to buy more)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
While a very good cigar the FFP smokes a whole lot different than the rest of
The liga line.

I have not experienced the mushy aspect of the cigar.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
I haven't experienced the mushiness either. But jd has said that the pig I'm general always has some minor problems with the way it burns and they have not been able to figure out a way to change it

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The loose draw is very normal.

Sounds like you may have heated it up a bit towards the end, which would cause the "mushy" feeling. That's easy to do with the loose draw.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just smoked a pig and thought about what you said. While the draw was open, like almost all DE cigars are, it was not the wind tunnel you were describing. Flavors were awesome as always. Ok, I'll stop bragging now.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I smoked one a few days ago. It took me 2 hours, and it was very good. It did heat up at the very end (about 1" remaining). I didn't nub it for this reason.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I haven't experienced any of the "mushiness" but the draw is very loose and the smoke is a little overwhelming. And this release has not lived up to the epic unico series release "dirty rat."

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
The only FFP that drew (no pun intended) loose was the one I smoked without a wrapper. :closedmou

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
While the pigs do have a looser draw than some other LP's, it does sound like you may have just had a bad couple of sticks. I have had some similar experiences with the T52 Flying Pigs. Got a few that were soft. Still a fav personally. PM me your addy and I will send you another FFP