What's new

Quick seasoning question

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
sorry, just have a quick question.

I've bought my new humi and have had it seasoning since last friday.
I put 4 boveda easy seasoning packs in the humi along with an extra shot glass of distilled water just to be sure. Like I said It's been seasoning for over a week now.

My question is when is it ready to load up? Is it safe now or should I wait a few days. I'm anxious to get my puros into it, but I don;t want to rush and risk ruining anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

P.s.~ I'll update the humi post shortly w/pics

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
right I know that...in fact I've replaced the florist foam in the humidifier that came with it with 65% heartfelt beads and am currently calibrating my digi hygro. These are ready to be installed as soon as the humi is done seasoning

My question is how long should the humi season until it is ready to load?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If you have had 4 starter kits in there a week and your RH is stable to where you like, then your good now. If your RH is higher than the 65%, add your beads more dry (white) to aborb the extra RH for another day to get to your desired 65% RH.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'd say you've seasoned it more than enough. And remember, a full humidor will always keep humidity easier than an empty one :wink:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
And working harder to pay for it you will. Then before you know it, you will need more storage. Then work harder to...... You know where this path leads. Best of luck.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I made a nice coolidor thread if you need help with that one. You can always start more cab split ya know :thumbsup: (But count me out till yearly 07 when I get out of debt.)