What's new

Quickbooks for mac

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Alright all, I'm possibly in the market for a new laptop. Wondering if anyone has transitioned from a PC to a Mac using quickbooks.

I have a few business files that would need to be transferred. Had anyone ever done this, if so what we're your results? Smooth transition or problems?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If transitioning to mac quick books is as bad as transitioning from PC excel, I'd say don't waste your money.

I personally hate the mac. It's slower than my pc with comparable power. The operating system is so illogical and frustrating. And the worst part for me, in excel every single quick key is different than PC? How does that make any sense?
Even delete is something like function+delete

Not to mention it is heavy!

If you want a Mac to save pictures in one place, like easy backups, or are doing video editing and want to jump on the Mac bandwagon go for it. otherwise I'd suggest for any form of business related use, stick w the PC.

This is coming from a guy that has 2 Apple TV, 2 iPhones, and 4 iPads.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I transferred from a PC to a MAC in 2012, i got tired of buying a new one every 1.5 yrs, and have never regretted it or looked back. My mac has a more durable feel and has had less problems than any other computer i have ever owned. as far as the interface and desktop yes it is set up differently, however the only reason it feels weird or it is "hard" to get used to is because most people their entire ;lives have not used or seen anything other than a windows PC. the transition from my PC was seamless, and now with all of the programs that will transfer for you , not to mention the fact that apple and MS are working together to make things more compatible and transferable between platforms. as far functions such as copy, and delete, paste, all the normal things you do.....they are all the same as windows only instead of pushing CNTRL V or C you push Command to copy and paste. if you really want to know if you will like it go to an apple store and ask them to let you play with a MACBOOK PRO for a while and ask questions. i did that and it was what made up my mind. hope this helps but it is only my opinion.