What's new

Quintero Brevas...

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I am not a huge fan of machine made habanos... For some reason i just like the hand made stuff....

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I don't mind machine made, but have only had fonsecas. I wouldn't mind trying these. Maybe it would be cool to do a box split on a few different machine mades.

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thesea re OK, but for your money there are some cheap hand made long filler that are a lot more satisfying...

I have a box from 02 and they are fairly mild...not dissimliar to an SP IMO, and uninteresting. I use them for poker sticks to hand out to guys who leave 'em unburned in the ashtray anyway...(Call it garnering goodwill)

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I think these are OK. Definitely not unsmokable. For a better MM, I'd go with the RG PE or Upmann Regalias. Also, MMs get much better with some age on them.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
owljones said:
I think these are OK. Definitely not unsmokable. For a better MM, I'd go with the RG PE or Upmann Regalias. Also, MMs get much better with some age on them.
That's what makes the world great, everyone has different tastes. I do find them unsmokable. Everytime I've tried I couldn't enjoy it at all.

I do like your alternatives though. And yes, MM get better with age, but up to a point imo. For example, I have some Regalias from 98 and they don't taste much different than the 94's that I have.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
I have two or three left from a box from 2000. I thought they were pretty good in quality and profile. med body with more earthy flavors. good quick smoke with a nice aroma. Good walking the dog type of smoke.

MadMac

MadMac
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them okay. I as well prefer the RG CE's. Another okay MM is the Fonseca, fairly mild but good for fishing!!

MadMac

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I love em with minimum 3 years on them. If anyone's got a box with sealed aluminum that they'd be willing to trade or sell me, LMK. I can't find these with age anywhere.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO these are one of the better MM. They are full flavored/medium strength. I find them to be very rich and complex. I've also found them to very consistent though YMMV. If anyone is still listening to MRN, read his review on these. FWIW I started smoking these before I read his book :)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
These remind me of the Cuban version of the Fuetne Brevas Royale... Machine made shot filler cigar. That is the best comparision I can come up with :wink: