What's new

Quorum Cigar Reveiw

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I went to the tobacconist today to get a few singles. I ended up getting a 5er and 2 singles. While I was looking around the shop owner came in with a new box of cigars and saw me looking at some of the cheaper cigars and recommended that I get this Quorum cigar by the J.C. Newman Cigar Co. started in 2002. I wouldn't have bought it if he didn't say anything but I am glad I did. Very good smoke for a cheap price at 2.99 a stick.

Size:6x50
Shape:torpedo
Handmade, Nicaraguan

Taste was very sweet the first half of the cigar. Last half had a little coffee after taste and once it was short it had a little bit of a light pepper taste but overall sweet all the way through. Cheap and yummy. Did not have any problem with unraveling. Burned very evenly. The draw was a little tight but I probably could have cut a little more off the cap, it was still very enjoyable. I didn't time it but I think it was about an hour to smoke it, I did smoke it a little fast but I would say an hour or hour and a half to smoke this one. Sorry about the pics they are a little blurry except that last one.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the nice review.

I have seen these sticks at a couple of the B&M's as well as at Walgreens and of all places, Wally-World. My off the cuff response has been "Nope, none for me." While in no way am I a brand snob, it's just that picking up smokes from the Drug Store or Wal-mart, somehow loses its luster.

Although...I have purchased cigars (Ashton ESG and VSG) from Costco along with a nice 75 count humidor.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Dude. Quorum? Really? You liked those? Wow. I thought those were pretty aweful. Just my opinion though.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dude. Quorum? Really? You liked those? Wow. I thought those were pretty aweful. Just my opinion though.
I had a feeling someone would say they are a terrible cigar.

Just remember I am a newbie. I have smoked maybe 10 different cigars, this is one of the best along with montecristo.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice review. But to echo the others, there are way better cigars out there at that price point.

If you are a bundle smoker try the Flod de Olivas as Larry suggested. The Perdomo Frescos aren't horrible either.

Other cheap smokes worth trying are the Benchmades from Ashton, Illusione Cuchillos Cubanos and the Oliva Serie G line.

There are also a lot of new value smokes on the horizon like Brick House, Brioso, Casa de Garcia to name a few.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
That's the beauty about cigars...everyone has different tastes and each taste consistantly evolves...exploring the cigar world is all fun so enjoy!
I personally have evolved into a cigar snob...I can't help it! Thanks for the review!

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the review. Never had them. I do agree with SkinsFanLarry that The Oliva bundles are a good deal but based on your review and the price I'm tempted to try one if my local shop carries them.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Quorums are my "mowing the yard" stick. I don't have to worry about really enjoying the smoke, it just gives me something to do on mower.

My base has them for $28 per bundle ... so the price is right.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I had a feeling someone would say they are a terrible cigar.

Just remember I am a newbie. I have smoked maybe 10 different cigars, this is one of the best along with montecristo.
Dont get me wrong. I used to think that CI's Original Cubans were the bomb. No so much now. Tastes change. Got to this one late and really didnt like em. Keep trying new cigars. :applause:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought two only because they were 99 cents and I wanted to see what could be bought for that price. OK, I'm cheap. Haven't tried them yet but this is reminding me that I should already.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 4 pack of these (but as robustos) over this past weekend. The pack had a price equivalent to $4 U.S. I have been trying to find the best economy-to-quality value in handmade cigars lately and these seemed to be in the right range of those I've been accumulating. When I got to the counter the clerk showed me that the price was a unit price. So I paid $16 (U.S,) for 4, not wanting to put them back for some reason. (note: The importation duties are absurd in Brazil - everything brought in from outside the country is marked up so very high, so I am not surprised I paid that much for a Caribbean basin cigar)

The Quorums are acclimating in my humi now. In a month or so, I will try my first one. The raw stick did have a sweet aroma, as Cashedash mentioned as a predominate feature in his review. Will let you know what I think after my first one.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I bought 4 bundles of these but not for me. When we play cards at my house and someone says hey can I have a cigar I say take anything of the bottom shelf on the left and that is where I keep the real cheap stuff so people who want to smoke a cigar because a few other are are not smoking something they will not appreciate.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I take mine to the golf course separate from the good smokes for the guys who decide after a few drinks they want to try a cigar. Learned that lesson the hard way.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not, Quorums are short-filler Arturo Fuente tobaccos. That still doesn't mean that they are any good, in my opinion... but certainly to each his own.

If you want something at a comparable price, check out CI's Perdomo ESV seconds. The cigars are flawless as far as I can tell, once in awhile there is a sunspot or a little green here or there, but all in all they are great for about $2.50 a piece shipped. The only real difference with the ESV's and the seconds is that the seconds come in a bundle and don't have a band- but they are also about $6 less per stick, too. :smile:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these things! Good draw, good flavor, good burn, good price. Smooth, no harshness whatsoever, no bitterness. They do have somewhat of a slightly different taste, but it's a good taste in my opinion. I have smoked many a much more expensive cigar of various famous pedigrees that I did not like, and many of which were harsh and often bitter. So what it's shredded filler, but it looks & smells good when you bust one open. I did read a post somewhere about a guy who found a tiny nail in one as he's smoking it, LOL! So he trashes it and throws away all the rest of the unsmoked sticks he had and goes back to the the store he got them from and got a refund. Me, I would have just laughed and kept on smoking.

I tried an Oliva based on a post up the thread a ways and I did not like it, at all.

To each his own, that's why there's more than one brand/one type of cigar in the world.

The question is, will the brand maintain consistency over the months/years. Who knows.)