What's new

Quorum Cigar Reveiw

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am smoking a Quorum right now and for the 1.49 I spent on it, I will be some more. Not bad for a cheap quick smoke that I sometimes crave when I wake in the morning. So far it has great draw, smooth smooth taste and is burning really well. Completely surprised by this cigar!
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear that debo. I was actually really surprised. I thought they were going to be horrible for $1.49, but boy was I wrong.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:squinteye:squinteye
lol...it has a time and a place. Sure, there are other cigars that are better at the price point, but I'd actually enjoy those on a regular basis. Those are a good 'I want a nice cigar...but I don't want to pull out a $7+ stick.' The Quorums are a 'Shit...it's hot...I have to mow...out comes a Quorum' or 'Fuck it...I'll smoke and give up halfway when I have to leave' kind of stick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned earlier in this post that I had bought 4 and put them in the humi to acclimate to where I am at (bought in another city.) After rereading some of the comments, I was not expecting much. But I was pleasantly surprised. The stick started out a bit off-putting and so I figured, "You wasted the money." Normally, I find those first whiffs from a freshly lit foot of a cigar analogous to a handshake and so feel i know the cigar instantly. But this robusto took a good half inch of ash buildup for the flavors and fragrances to catch up with what it had to offer. I found myself spending a very enjoyable hour with this cigar. The finish (final inch and a half) was not memorable, as the filler is probably not premium leaf; but the aromas from the shoulder and cut at the 3 inch mark were quite nice. I feel the key to getting the best from this cigar - as is the case with most low price stogies - is taking time between puffs, a minute or more, and letting the cigar "age through burning" to find its variety of characteristics. As was mentioned, to each their own tastes, but I would give the Quorum robusto 7.5 rating and look forward to my next one, after even more aging.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Dude you can age this cigar for ten years and you still have hobo's ass. IMO

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Nice review!!! Cigar taste is "ALL" in the person smoking the stick! Everyones taste is different and as you delve deeper in the abiss of the cigar hobby you'll find that your taste will change as well. It takes awhile for your pallet to really tell which cigars you will really prefer for the long hull. I had cigars I loved when I first started out and now I really don't care for them. I think this holds true for everyone just beggining in the hobby. IMHO!!! :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Dude you can age this cigar for ten years and you still have hobo's ass. IMO
Disclaimer..
The above opinion is mine and mine alone and may not be shared by others. Smoking many dfferent cigars is the only way to find which one you like and the ones you dislike. While I have not aged a Quorum I have tried to age many other sticks that I originally found nasty including a box of Thompsons for over 15 years. 15 years later they still tasted bad. My experience comes from smoking amny cigars including this one. This is one of the few cigars that I actually asked someone to NOT smoke in my car as the smell was making me and the other four riders nauseous.

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. No disrespect was meant to the folks that found this cgar "tasty".

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nice review brother! I started out smoking the quorums, and didn't mind them at first, but I've since moved on. When my roommate started up smoking, I would buy him a quorum when I felt like treating him to a stick. Not bad for a beginner, but I feel your taste will definitely change.

Like the others said, Flor de Oliva is at a whole other level compared to quorum, and around the same price point.

Keep it up brother,

-Dave

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've smoked a couple of the toro size and I have arrived at the conclusion is that there is too much really short filler in the mixed fillers. I constantly have had to either eject or pick out tobacco pieces...Not a pleasant thing $2 a stick.

The taste is, to my way of thinking, non-descript and bland with no spice. The ash just is a mess and if you don't want to worry about ruining a good shirt you had better be vigilant. I can see so little merit in these unless they come in at about a buck and you use something small and pointy to pierce the cap. Maybe then I could see the point in these when you doing the proverbial yard work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran cross these at a B&M on closeout. I was suprised. A great stick for "honey-DO" Saturday/ Sundays during football off season.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I had a feeling someone would say they are a terrible cigar.

Just remember I am a newbie. I have smoked maybe 10 different cigars, this is one of the best along with montecristo.
Actually you really aren't a noob anymore considering you have been smoking cigars for well over a year. Quorums are nice if you have never had a cigar before imho.