What's new

R.I.P. Big Cle

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Just heard from Walter that BOTL has lost a great brother, Big Cle to cancer. Cle had been sick for some time and sadly lost his battle today. Cle was a friend of many here and regular in BOTL chat and various mobile chat groups as well. R.I.P brother and I hope you are smoking cigars and cruising a long stretch of road in heaven.

photo.JPG

photo.jpg

I just wanted to share a story and I encourage his friends to do the same here in this thread.

I remember logging in to BOTL chat and Cle would be on camera for hours at a time, he never really said much, but every time someone would join the chat Cle always made a point to say hello. In the BB chat group it never failed that if someone came in and mentioned Opus X, that Cle, on cue, would chime in with "did someone say Opus?". I think he coined the phrase "who do I pay?" as well. You will be missed by many.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
May he rest in peace. We never had a lot of interaction, but I could always tell on the board/chat he was well respected. Praying for his family that is left behind.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Lost a great brother and even with limited interaction via chats, bbm, etc felt like a friend you knew for ever. Always in good spirits and as Craig mentioned when the word Opus was typed in chat he appeared. It could be 3am his time and it seemed like the alarm went off. Many great chats with him. You will be missed Cle!

Walter

Scott
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Big Cle, Baller, CleOpus, Mr50count were all names that most of us knew Cleophus Daniels as, but most of all I was proud to call him my friend. I will greatly miss all of our conversations that we've had over the years. Cle never had anything bad to say about anyone, he was always in a good mood and even if you weren't he could put you in one. He was one of the most kind and gentle men I've ever had the pleasure to call a friend. Even after Cle got sick, never once did you hear him complain, he still remained the same person that we all grew to love.
May you forever rest in peace, and know that you will always be remembered as a dear friend.

"Life is too short for a bad cigar" Cleophus Daniels

Last edited:

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Wow, sad. I remember sitting out smoking and seeing him in chat, always a pleasure to deal with.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That is brutal. I am not able to smoke one tonight, but I definitely will tomorrow in honor of a great BOTL.
Sad news, but thanks for letting us know about a good friend to many.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Very sad news indeed. Per Craig's request...

Cle and I did a trade back in the day when I was first getting into CC's. He had asked me if there was something in particular that I wanted to try. I mentioned being fond of the RASS and wanting to try a RAG. He said he didn't have any, but he'd send a few different CC's for me to try. His end comes with some great cigars. Then out of the blue a fiver of RAG's show up a few weeks later from Medium Cle. Another kind and generous individual who will be missed by many.

RIP Mr. 50 count. Hope you're smoking nothing but great cigars up there.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm a cancer survivor myself so this really touches home and my heart. I didn't know him but seems he touched many people here and left them better for it, that's all we can really ask for in life. May he rest in peace and I kind of hope that more people will post tidbits and stories, another way for those of us that didn't know him can get to know him through you, his friends.