What's new

Rafael Gonzales Panatela Extra Review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Today I am smoking the Rafael Gonzales Panetalas Extra. It is a mild Cuban cigar. It is apparently a Panatela vitola, which I hadn't heard of before. Let's see what it's like!
1st third: It was 9:10 PM in my backyard so it was dark and cool. I decided to do this one by myself so I can focus on the review. I had just gotten back from a D&D session. The dry draw didn't taste like much and it smelled of honey at first.
I noticed a heavy peppery taste which only got stronger as I smoked. This cigar seems quite spicy. It is also somewhat bitter at this point.
2nd third: There were no new flavours. I tried to see how long I could keep the ash going without dropping it so I could get a picture for everyone. See attached photos. The pepper and bitterness did calm down and it became a smoother ride.
3rd third: As usual, the third part of the cigar was smokier than the rest, and the draw started to get worse at the end. I smoked it until I could barely hold it with my fingers.
Overall, I enjoyed the cigar. It was a nice de-stressing experience after a busy day. I would say the construction of the cigar was decent. It was in good condition when I got it; I didn't see any cracks or anything else off about the outside of the cigar. It did burn unevenly at some points but not so much that it was a big problem. The flavour was ok. I didn't find anything unique about it in terms of flavour other than that it was unusually spicy. The flavour was really mild, which is in line with what I read online. I would recommend it.
Aesthethics: 75/100
Construction: 75/100
Flavour: 75/100
Overall rating: 75/100
Smoking time: 40 minutes

Attachments