What's new

Raising a Glass

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey y'all. Had an idea and figured I'd start this thread. I know lots of us, myself included, sometimes raise a glass in celebration/honor/memory of people or events. Might be something we do surrounded by others, or something we do in a quiet moment of reflection by ourselves. Feel free to raise one up and post yours here.

To start us off...this one is for my grandfather. I know this isn't your brand, old man, but I could never abide Budweiser. Been over 20 years but I still miss you and I still feel you with me every time I cast a line, light the pit, crack a beer, see an old Chevy truck, or hear George Strait. Cheers!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This one is for those who have had a positive impact on my life, but for one reason or another, couldn't stay. I carry you within my heart and mind as I make my journey, because for a time you shared it with me. You are never forgotten and always remembered. Cheers.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A little while back, I learned that when I let down my guard and interact earnestly and genuinely with people, I can actually be a source of guidance, wisdom and positivity. Who woulda thunk it? Allowing myself to open up has led to me making an awesome new friend this year, and taught me that it's OK to not *always* be a jaded, grizzled grump who keeps to himself.

So, here is to old dogs learning new tricks...and to those who help teach them.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
A little while back, I learned that when I let down my guard and interact earnestly and genuinely with people, I can actually be a source of guidance, wisdom and positivity. Who woulda thunk it? Allowing myself to open up has led to me making an awesome new friend this year, and taught me that it's OK to not *always* be a jaded, grizzled grump who keeps to himself.

So, here is to old dogs learning new tricks...and to those who help teach them.

View attachment 174950
Carlos, You are a good man. Our life experiences jade us, make us brittle, really. Overcoming that is difficult. I am on the same journey.

Get another dog. more is better

Last edited: