What's new

Raising age to buy tobacco

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Actually, one of the main reasons President Obama was able to win both elections, but ESPECIALLY the first one, was because he was able to mobilize the youth vote. The 18-early 20s vote was crucial to his win.

So, they are voting. Just not in ways one (around here) would expect.
I still blame MTV for most of that.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Media actually didn't have a lot to do with it. Campaign leaders had the brilliant idea of turning Obama into a brand, instead of just a politician. For quite a while, it was THE most successful brand IN THE WORLD.

I'm not pleased about it. But, it was incredibly smart. It made him a cool, hip commodity rather than a rich, old guy whom they couldn't relate to in any way.
Yup, for a while there, voting for him was about the coolest thing a politically uneducated guy could do!

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You know stuff like this really used to bother me. When I lived in California I couldn't smoke a cigar on my patio because it was an apartment complex and my patio was closer than 20 feet to the next apartment door. Then when we got a house I couldn't smoke out front because there was a school within 100 yards. Or in a car if a minor was in the car ( I actually got a ticket for smoking in my front yard and one for smoking in the car while driving around my girlfriends little sister. Who was 17 at the time.) But now I live in Arizona. And I can smoke anywhere on my own property and anywhere outside that is 20 feet from a business door. And even in parks or when I walk my dog. I love it.

Back to the point though. It just bothers me that at 18 I can die for my country but not smoke tobacco? Are you kidding me? I'm sorry but if you deem someone old enough to go to war, they are old enough to smoke. Or drink for that matter. IMHO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I don't get the point in this at all.

Not to continue singing the same song about being able to die for my country and not be able to have a beer. (Mainly because now that I'm 23 that fight is carried on by airmen younger than me)

But first you take away the big gulp, now raising the limit on tobacco... At what point do we not need to be "babysat"

I'm just tired of seeing the rights my grandfather, friends, and brothers in arms fought for be taken away "for the good of the people"

Thank god for Wyoming. Sure the winters suck. And the population is small. But I can do what I want, where I want, and carry what I want.

It's late. I'm rambling. I'm out.