What's new

Ramon Allones Specially Selected-'06

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Construction/Appearance- Very nice color, uniform - firm throughout

Burn- Much too tight - not plugged, but nearly- about halfway through it started to open up

Taste - Started out earthy and with mineral notes, through the middle more mineral, the last part had more mineral and some spice notes

Overall- 8.2/10 I've heard such good things about this cigar - but the fact is I didn't much care for it.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I'm with the "heard great things but didn't care for it much."

However, the few I've tried were very young so it's unfair for me to say.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Id definitely give this one another shot Warren. Try to drybox the next one as Justin says and see if that changes anything. Ive had some amazing RASS...

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Second for dry boxin the net one. Also if you can get one with a few years on it, it will be great.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your score of 8.2 on a cigar that is nearly plugged for half the cigar is actually really high. For me, a tight draw nearly ruins a cigar.

The dry box consensus has me scratching me head. I had one last Saturday that was stored at 67%, the draw, burn, and flavor were great.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Well, for another point of view, RASS tastes like ass. . .:glassesgr Figuratively speaking, of course. I have had just about everything by RA, very young to very old and cannot stand that particular line and know several brothers who feel the same way. Their blends just do nothing for me. My point: you may just not like the RA marca.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I now use this method. I carry a 5ct caddy and a 15ct most days. If I know I'm heading to the leaf in a few days I'll start to grab a few ccs and put them in the 15ct. Up to a week-2 weeks is fine with no humipack. The 5ct Ill actually use for daily nc smokes. Sometimes Ill throw a few ncs in the 15ct as well and just take 1. If I cut a CC and its still tight it goes right back into the 15ct caddy. I've had a few ccs that had been cut, back into the caddy and a week later had a much better draw.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I now use this method. I carry a 5ct caddy and a 15ct most days. If I know I'm heading to the leaf in a few days I'll start to grab a few ccs and put them in the 15ct. Up to a week-2 weeks is fine with no humipack. The 5ct Ill actually use for daily nc smokes. Sometimes Ill throw a few ncs in the 15ct as well and just take 1. If I cut a CC and its still tight it goes right back into the 15ct caddy. I've had a few ccs that had been cut, back into the caddy and a week later had a much better draw.
I like that idea Justin.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for the info Justin, do you feel like your method would work for nc's too?

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
I love the rass and i have had amazing ones right out of the box but they really shine with a couple years on them. Also as far as RA goes i think they have a great line of cigars. small,yes but they make up for it in regionals. they have the best regionals by far.

Last edited:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Your score of 8.2 on a cigar that is nearly plugged for half the cigar is actually really high. For me, a tight draw nearly ruins a cigar.

The dry box consensus has me scratching me head. I had one last Saturday that was stored at 67%, the draw, burn, and flavor were great.

I've had multiple that I keep at about 65% and all where great! never even though of dry boxing these!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I also put a stick back if it's too draw after a cut and a stab with the poker--life's too short (and burning opportunities too few) to mess with a tight draw.

But I have yet to try an RA, so I'll plan to dry-box first when I do plan to burn one.