What's new

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I have an opportunity to purchase a box of these. They are most likely to be BYL Oct 05 code. Seems like a lot of what I've read here a elswhere implies that I should get them and sit on them until Oct 09. How true is this? Hate to have to look at these sweet sticks for 4 years and not be able to touch (torch) them!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I've smoked younger ones and they were good. I'm sure others can give more information than I can.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Everyone's tastes vary, and many have had very good experiences with the RASS when young. But for me, this is one cigar that goes through a process that makes this cigar one of my all time favorites when aged properly. One of the most complex cigars out there, with a taste spectrum as wide as a cigar can have. Personally, some of the best cigars I have ever had were RASS that were aged for 4 years. That's not a lot of aging, but still it's created a remarkable cigar. I have put down a couple of cabinets of this particular vitola because I'm hoping to have similar results. It's almost impossible to find aged boxes of this cigar, that is why I've taken the initiative to age this one myself. Regardless of when you plan to smoke them, I'm sure you'll be glad that you made this purchase. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
RASS is hard to find already aged so I'd suggest getting them and aging them yourself. This is one that I buy two boxes a year of. One to smoke from and one to sit on. I like them young but the few older ones I've had were fantastic.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
A very knowledgeble smoker says it is a tragedy to smoke these young. He doesn't say they're bad, he says it's sad when they're not consumed at their ideal age considering what they WILL become.

IMO, 5+ years makes these one of the top 5 choices of ANY regular production cigar. 8+ makes these one of the 3 best.

When fresh (<2 years) they are just another Habano; enjoyable, not memorable.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I agree with Craig on his points. But will also point out that every cigar I smoke, I know it won't be memorable. Sometimes you just want a cigar without having to concentrate much on it and pick out the finer details of it. That's why it's always good to have a balanced stock of fresh and aged cigars. Unless, you prefer one over the other.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started dipping into a box of 1999 RASS. They have finally become aged enough for me to smoke. I had a box of 1997's that only have 2 left, they took a good 6 years before they were ready. In my opinion the RASS needs more time than any other Cuban robusto to become smokeable. I don't know why this is,just my experience.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Thanks for the input. I just placed my order and have accepted the fact that they won't be opened until Fall of '09 or '10. But if I don't put them down now, I'll just have to wait longer... This will certainly test my will power!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
They are cheap enough to get 2 boxes. Buy another one to smoke sooner; it will make it easier to hold onto them till 2010.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have to agree witht he others. I try to buy two boxes because I can't stand the wait. With two, I at least have a chance.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
One of the worst cigars I've ever had was a RASS
One of the best cigars I've ever had was a RASS

Age makes all the difference in the world for this one. I'm sure you'll enjoy the '00 immensely.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
So I'm eating lunch with one of our consultants and the fortune cookies arrive, she takes her's and I open mine... "good things will come to you by mail today". I get back to the office and I'm handed a package containing the RASS! Now comes the true test of my resolve... SXFNOV05...how deep in the 'dore do I have to bury this box for its survival to November 2010 is ensured I wonder. There is no doubt from what I've read here that it would be a shame to let them set any less.....

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
djs134 said:
So I'm eating lunch with one of our consultants and the fortune cookies arrive, she takes her's and I open mine... "good things will come to you by mail today". I get back to the office and I'm handed a package containing the RASS! Now comes the true test of my resolve... SXFNOV05...how deep in the 'dore do I have to bury this box for its survival to November 2010 is ensured I wonder. There is no doubt from what I've read here that it would be a shame to let them set any less.....
Just send them my way and I'll protect them from you. :flying:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I am deeply touched by the sheer generosity of your offer Todd! The concern that you would show for a brother in such a fix is both heart warming and a testament to the commitment you have shown in your daily dealings within this community. And although I wouldn&#8217;t dream of questioning your motivations or for that matter, your sincerity, I&#8217;m afraid I will have to graciously decline. :sarcastic