What's new

Random cigar comparison

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Last night I smoked a Tatuaje Black, one of the non-retail sizes that Pete was giving out in '08 as gifts w/box purchase. (dunno if he still does that, been a year since I've seen him).

Tonight, I lit up a Fuente Añejo 46 from '07.

Now the last time I smoked either of these sticks, they were pretty fresh. I really enjoyed the hell outta the Tat Blacks back in the day, but haven't had one since. And truth be told, I was really pretty disappointed last time I smoked an Añejo, so I wasn't expecting much outta it.

Turns out after sitting on em a couple of years, I really preferred the Añejo. I can't believe it. I never thought Añejos changed that much after sitting, but it seems bolder and richer than I remembered them being. And the Tat Black? Well, it was really mellow--perhaps too mellow.

Have my tastebuds and/or flavor preferences changed that much, or have the cigars?

:dunno:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I'm thinking that the Anejo just did so well that it just overshadowed the Black.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Damn tastebuds seem to change more often then not in my opinion. I've had cigars I liked 6 months ago and know I could care less. Just have to revisit from time to time.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Duane first off did I miss your re-intro!?!? W.B. brother! The 3 pack Robos never shined like the black Cgs IMO. And also I think the Cgs are loosing their profile somewhat as well. That would be my take at least! Good to see ya brother!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
No, no re-intro. I just don't post much nowadays. I come and go (that's what she said).

Yeah I'm thinking you're right about the blacks tho.

But then again, it could be my tastebuds. LOL