What's new

Randomly unable to taste cigars

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Are you losing weight? Ketosis can really destroy your palate. It has murdered mine from time to time as I yo-yo up and down.

PIA!!!
I am actually on a VLC and have been for about five months. There have been big swings in my caloric intake as there are days I literally just don't have time to eat and some days where I have greater than 1500 calories but under 2000 calories. I have never heard of weightloss effecting taste but that's interesting to know, I will do more research on that. Thanks for the reply! :)

smell blind........

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can be a variety of things but I'd check to see about any changes in your diet....new meds....spicy foods, etc. If you are able to taste your foods that you regularly eat and have no issues then maybe a trip to the Doc to see how your body is doing....full CBC...could even be that your humidor and cigars have a problem....too low/high RH.....sometimes it's just that your tastes take a sabbatical from cigars as I've gone through a few of them over the years.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just wanted to update this thread as I believe I know the cause of the loss of taste I had received over the last half of the year. Thankfully the last couple of weeks I have once again gained my tastes back! I think the loss of taste I had can be attributed with going in and out of ketosis as @Smoqman had mentioned. It's interesting how certain fluctuations in your body can alter your tastes. It's possible I had a mild cold/sinus issue as @knw247 had mentioned however, I am leaning more towards ketosis being the cause.

Thanks to all who had posted and I hope in the event someone else runs into this phenomenon this thread might be able to help.

Last edited: