What's new

Raphael Gonzolez Petit Corona 2001

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
I haven't paid this marquee much attention before today, as, well, I just hadn't stumbled over it. I generally tend towards fuller-bodied cigars, like Partagas and Ramon Allones and the occasional Cohiba (I'm trying to age what Cohibas I have), but I've always been leery of buying a box of a marquee sight unseen. I got this in a trade from Saudismoker, and this was quite a pleasant cigar. I would say that this is perfect for the morning. The example I had had perfect construction, and an effortless draw. Never got hot. (Then again, maveras aren't too hard to make. Only I with my lousy hand eye coordination could mess one up.) I found this cigar to start out with light flavous reminiscant of orange peel and tobacco, however it tended towards the earthy flavors of the Vujeta Abajo in the middle, with herbal, tea-like undertones. It was like a more fuller Juan Lopez, but a milder Vegas Robania. What surprised me was how much smoke this cigar produced. Truely delightful. A good cigar for the morning. This cigar tasted like it had a bit of age on it and was well taken care of.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yep, I like these very much when I'm in the mood to smoke without having the oppurtunity to give the cigar the full attention it deserves.

Very satisfying and won't leave your head spinning.