What's new

RASS: cabinet vs. dress box

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
As most of you know, RASS are now available in a 50ct cabinet. My question is do the RASS in cabinets have a different blend than the dress boxes, or is it the identical cigar just in different packaging? This is one cigar that I find needs siginificant age (after its sick period) so I figure I'd put some away for future smoking.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Same blend and cigar,just different packaging.Get a cab and put it away for a few years.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
I'll go ahead and comment on another minor cosmetic difference between cabinet and dress box format. the cabinet rass are round, whereas the dress boxed rass have a slight box press.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just got my cab yesterday and lit one up that was badly damaged. It smoked the same as any normal DB RASS that I've ever had when young. Therefore, it was bad! Still lay them down for a few years. I'm sure the reward will be worth it. Does anyone have an empty Cab I can buy from them of these?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I smoked, or tried to smoke, a GKI DIC03 RASS earlier this week.
Still verrry sick :( . I guess 1 year is not enough time :smt102
Back to the bottom they go :smt096

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I know how you feel Jerry. I've had some really bad RASS, but some are just incredible. Flavors and complexity second to none. I'm ready to start aging cigars myself now, so I figure I'd buy sticks that need the most time first, mostly RA's. I'll be crossing my fingers with these, but hopefully more of them will be good than bad.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
one of my fave's with age. I've been hunting down rass cabs that don't come rebanded to put away for long term aging.. if anyone has a source lmk. thanks.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
RASS are really nice with four plus years on them. Yes this is a long wait. Prior to that they don't do it for me either. But with age they are brilliant. If you buy a cab be prepared to hold out. With 50 there will be plenty of opportunity to try them over time but if you're not prepared to sit on a majority of them for at least three years then think before ordering. Then again, if you do order a cab and you can wait, you will be rewarded!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
althekillr said:
one of my fave's with age. I've been hunting down rass cabs that don't come rebanded to put away for long term aging.. if anyone has a source lmk. thanks.
Allen, I'm not sure that RASS cabs without bands exist. The 50 cab was introduced in mid-2004 thus they should all be banded. If you want, send me your cab and I'll take the bands off for you, free of charge. :smt033

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice pics Artie. Thanks for sharing.

Have you smoked those Mags with no bands or did you put it away like I did mine?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
"Allen, I'm not sure that RASS cabs without bands exist. The 50 cab was introduced in mid-2004 thus they should all be banded. If you want, send me your cab and I'll take the bands off for you, free of charge."

Sorry Dean wasn't clear, I meant that the only source I know that has these rebands them. I want one in the original cab with bands. They look beautiful in the picture Artie.