What's new

RASS thoughts?

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I'd like to hear some tasting notes regarding how they are fresh; after a year or two; and then over the long haul.

I've read some reviews online and checked out some older threads here, but would like any updated thoughts. I am interested in how they taste during throughout the life of a box.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Well there not good fresh is all I can actually give you IMHO. Also can have a pretty long sick period too. I hear there wonderful with 4-5 years and beyond.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
RASS are okay fresh but improve vastly after 4 years out. In fact pretty much the entire RA line is much better with age. They're kind of like the PSD4 in that they both go through long sick periods. But once beyond that they become heavenly! :clap:

Cohiba007

Big Dog
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just received an 01 box and I am smoking my way through it. It is a great little smoke. I am pretty shitty at tasting notes, I just know I like the little bugger. I have 2 other boxes from 04 that I definately wont be touching for another 3 years. If you can lay them down to age them or find an aged box, go for it.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I guess I'm one of the few that like'm fresh :dunno: Either way, try a couple fresh just to get an idea and then lay the rest down.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
cvm4 said:
I guess I'm one of the few that like'm fresh :dunno: Either way, try a couple fresh just to get an idea and then lay the rest down.
Naw. I'm with you. Its seems to be either very fresh or well aged. I just smoke them.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've heard (but not experienced) that some of the newer released RASS are smoking much better fresh then they used to. Not sure why that would be unless the blend was changed. RASS is a completely different cigar after 6-7 years but finding them with age is very difficult so you usually will have to age them yourself if you want to smoke them aged.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
RASS pretty much tastes like ASS when young or in a sick period. Rough, nasty and harsh. Of course every cigar has sick periods and gets better with age but for whatever reason they tend to have a longer sick period and require more rest time to smooth out. Definitely try to find some with age.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
avid toker said:
RASS pretty much tastes like ASS when young or in a sick period. Rough, nasty and harsh...
Man, am I glad to hear you say that! I have heard people rave about these for years, but have disliked every one of them that I have ever tried. Always found them to be, well, "rough, nasty and harsh." Thanks for letting me know that it's the kind of cigar that I don't like, instead of a problem with the particular sticks or my palate.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I bought and split a late 05 box in May and they are gone. Smoked and enjoyed everyone. Bought a second box and bleah. They will have to wait. Can figure one from the other but its just so I guess.