My rating: 86 (6/21/09)
Price: $5.80
Length: 4 7/8”
Ring gauge: 50
Size: Robusto
Color: Natural
Store: from JMatkins
Box: Unknown

It’s been a while since I’ve reviewed a cigar! Heck, it’s been a while since I even smoked a cigar, so I figured why not smoke my first cigar here in Chicago on Father’s Day. While rummaging through one of my humidors I found a RASS at the bottom that had been gifted to me, and it’s been a while, so I figured what the heck. Plus I wanted to see how the whole smoking from my window goes. Gotta get ready for that cold weather don’t ya know. This was a smooth brown little Latin beauty. Pre-light it had a wonderful earthy aroma to it without the faintest hint of harshness. A few blemishes contrasting with the wrapper gave it a little character. While smoking the ask stayed smooth and flaunted a grayscale from whitish to charcoal from the outside in. It remained sturdy and ashed itself every inch or so. The draw was pristine, and allowed an even burn throughout, with an ample amount of smoke that coated my palate with flavor. Immediately I got a sense of the mild sweetness that turned into spice about half way through the cigar. Under these strong flavors was a nutty core that I found very pleasing. I find that with cigars that are nutty if they have harshness to them my senses don’t take to kindly to them, and in this case I found my mouth watering with each draw. Underlying the other flavors was something else that I couldn’t quite put my finger on, but that I want to chalk it up to the tannins in the cigar. The flavors remained generally consistent through the entire smoke with the exception of the changes mentioned above. While I enjoyed this smoke thoroughly, nothing about it struck me as something tremendously unique. That being said I don’t think you can go wrong with this one for something to smoke casually. The cigar finished nicely, and maintained good flavor even when it got a little hot about the time it hit my fingers. Well, my room doesn’t smell like smoke, so that was a success, and I may have to find a few more of these cigars!

CA Description
An oily, golden brown leaf envelops some very aromatic tobacco that emanates a creamy aroma at first light. This rich, creamy smoke is toasty and leathery with an earthy coffee note and a kick of spice on the finish.

Rating Distribution
App- 13 Ash- 9 Draw- 10 Burn-9 F/B-17 Unq- 5 Smoke- 10 Fin- 13

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
looks distinctly like the Harold Washington Museum... I wasn't very far from you this afternoon!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for the amazing review! And as scarce as it seems indoors :)smokingbo), the view is gorgeous!