What's new

Real Box or Not?

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Would not smoke even if u cut open. Remember that the people who are making the fakes know they are making fakes and it is illegal. Guessing not from a HUGE factory with atheir own supply of tobacco...probably some guy in a burnt out crack house filled with dead chickens...I know dramatic...BUT NO QUALITY INSPECTION AT ALL! Might be smoking something that could make you pretty sick pretty quick...just throwing it out there.
Well crap! I'm just going to chunk them.

Question: Why is the glass a dead give away??? Do Cubans only come in box of 10, 20, etc..

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I will take a pic of the cigars tonight and post them. Like I said I had a strong feeling about this so I've been investigating for several months. I checked different sites and compared bands and they look the same to me.

But now that I know that the box is not real....it must be a good fake.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I will take a pic of the cigars tonight and post them. Like I said I had a strong feeling about this so I've been investigating for several months. I checked different sites and compared bands and they look the same to me.
When you post pics of the bands, your will be enlightened by many as to all the ways in which they are fake as well. Once you know what to look for is is easy to spot....

With that said, there are good fakes that use real bands, but typically they are not placed in an obvious give away like a glass top box.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Those Davidoffs are awesome, lol

It's no wonder they won't lower the price.. You know they're fakes so you won't pay full price. Tourists who don't recognize them as fake cubans would pay full sticker price...

Yep, have been back there every time I'm in NICA and he still won't budge... I would pay $20 for the novelty and to bomb someone with then, but $35/40 respectively is to much.

Just like when I was in the DR with some Davidoff guys, literally smoking a real Double R, and dude came up to us offering glass top Double R box for $600 for the box (which said esplendido on the side), mind you we worked him down to $400, but we decided to pass.

... Then a few weeks later a friend travels down knowing I like cigars and brings this back.

Check these out...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
They're not good fakes at all really (unfortunately, I've had my share of good fakes - even some customs from Cuba passed off as something better than they were). Check out this as you get more into CCs: www.cubancigarwebsite.com <-- your new cigar-bible courtesy of Trevor. Carouse and learn over time as we ALL do! Cheers, brother! :cbig:
Smoked for years, but never really cared to go after Cubans until the last six months or so. Anyways I must say this is all a shock to me as I don't trust anything Cuban now or at least until I learn more.

A buddy of mine was telling me about ICDH stores in Aruba, St. Martins and other islands. Anyone know about this?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
They are La Casa Del Habano (LCDH) stores which are the officially licensed retail shops around the world. The LCDH shops are your safest bet to find authentic cigars, but always be careful, and they are expensive.

JGD

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Smoked for years, but never really cared to go after Cubans until the last six months or so. Anyways I must say this is all a shock to me as I don't trust anything Cuban now or at least until I learn more.

A buddy of mine was telling me about ICDH stores in Aruba, St. Martins and other islands. Anyone know about this?
The one is St. Maarten is closed (unless it has re-opened recently). There is an authorized dealer on the island, however, they rent the second floor of a building where you have to walk through the store downstairs in order to go in. Guess what the store downstairs sells? Fake Cubans.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well crap! I'm just going to chunk them.

Question: Why is the glass a dead give away??? Do Cubans only come in box of 10, 20, etc..
1) Cuban cigars never come in glass top boxes.
2) With the exception of Flor de Cano, they never come in cellophane either.
3) The bottom of the box looks stamped. Real wood boxes are branded, not inked.
4) There is no such thing as "Cuba Selectos"

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was in the Caribbean this summer and decided it wasn't worth the hassle to deal trying to find real Cubans to smoke. I even found the LCDH in Cozumel, and after looking at 100 fake boxes on the street, even the real boxes started to look fake to me. Ended up buying nothing and being happy about it. Sorry bud.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Those Davidoffs are awesome, lol

It's no wonder they won't lower the price.. You know they're fakes so you won't pay full price. Tourists who don't recognize them as fake cubans would pay full sticker price...
Next time you are in remind me to show you them... You will roll.

Great Davidoffs btw Matt!?! LOL
Right! Haha!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
2) With the exception of Flor de Cano, they never come in cellophane either.
I would have to disagree with you here. I smoked some that had cellophane sleeves, like this one

from cubancigarwebsite.com

from cubancigarwebsite.com

Cellophane Sleeves

In recent times, cellophane sleeves were only used with machine-made cigars. Until circa 1992, almost all Cuban cigars were available in cellophane sleeves.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-packaging.htm