What's new

Real Cohiba?

Rating - 100%
144   0   0

Pic of a real one. You can see the spacing on the squares is perfect and the "Habana, Cuba" is a lot more crisp. I'd have to go with fake, sorry brother. I hate that shit, I have a couple questionable Cohibas in my humi as well, luckily they were gifted to me.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
It amazes me that someone would go through the trouble and expense to have holographic bands made and not get the dots right.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
real........alignment of the checkerboard is no basis to think it is fake.
the holograms,particularly the one in the head,tell the story.
I have seen worse bands on genuine sticks.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You never can know, I know some people have spotted evidence of fake behikes with holograms that were fairly convincing, but I am going to have to go with real on this one...
T
he dot spacing was more of an issue with the old style band, the hologram is correct, the small head inside of the large head are correct.... A Cohiba has a very specific taste, pretty easy to tell if it is real or fake if you are brave enough to light it...

Also, the squares are always slightly off from each other even in the same box... It's like they print each part of the band at a different time, alignment issues happen...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
You never can know, I know some people have spotted evidence of fake behikes with holograms that were fairly convincing, but I am going to have to go with real on this one...
T
he dot spacing was more of an issue with the old style band, the hologram is correct, the small head inside of the large head are correct.... A Cohiba has a very specific taste, pretty easy to tell if it is real or fake if you are brave enough to light it...

Also, the squares are always slightly off from each other even in the same box... It's like they print each part of the band at a different time, alignment issues happen...
Are you seeing new bands' squares misaligned? I haven't seen that with the new bands (though my exposure is admittedly limited). I'd say fake, personally.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Are you seeing new bands' squares misaligned? I haven't seen that with the new bands (though my exposure is admittedly limited). I'd say fake, personally.
I compared these pics to a tubo I got from Chef... and the difference between them is huge. This one just looks sketchy, I am gonna lean with sketch.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I compared these pics to a tubo I got from Chef... and the difference between them is huge. This one just looks sketchy, I am gonna lean with sketch.
There's something about that gold ring around the center of the tubo that looks off, can't remember exactly cuz I don't have one in front of me

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I don't like the script in Habana, Cuba. The scrolling on the H is too thick, and the H doesn't seem slanted enough. Also the b&a in Cuba look too close together. There is definetly more space between them in the example on Cuban Cigar Website.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't have any experience with Tubos and after pulled a few boxes of new bands I'm going to go with fake on the dots... If the bottom dots are screwed up the top should be too since the alignment would be screwed up both top and bottom if it was a printing error.

Wouldn't put to much emphasis on the sharpness of Habana though, some are razor sharp and some are fuzzy (different boxes but all from the vendors that most here get their sticks)

Live and learn though and more importantly welcome, I'm sure there are more than a few people here that can point you in the right direction of legit habanos.