What's new

Real or Fake?

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Looks real to me...from what I can tell from the pic anyway.

Also seem to recall seeing somewhere that tubos aren't faked nearly as often. The reason as I understand it being, why waste the $ and resources faking the tube if u don't have to?

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Besides the shit pic, it looks pretty real.
Sorry about that - my iPhone camera was the only thing I had at the time. Here are some other ones. I'm convinced it's real.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332264671.450459.jpg

Attachments

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
looks solid, but could you throw up a pic with just the cigar, with better lighting, focusing on the cap?

oh, and smoking it would be a sure bet. o)

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Looks real to me. And tubos are almost never faked, but they have been known to swap out the authentic cigar and put in a fake. But that is a very rare occurrence as well.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There really isn't anything from the pictures that scream "fake!". We can discuss all the reasons why it could or could not be a fake but as it is the only one you have...

smoke it and if you enjoy it then what does it matter?

If it was real:
  • and you enjoyed it - will it convince you?
  • for some reason you didn't enjoy it - will you convince yourself it was fake just to justify the bad experience? = more work

If it was fake:
  • you enjoyed it - will you convince yourself it was real? = more work
  • you didn't enjoy it - will it validate all the research you made to find out? = more work done.

If you are thinking about buying more/getting more then definitely spend more time in verifying authenticity but it was a gift, enjoy it in the spirit it was given.

I hope I didn't sound in anyway "snarky" just thought that even it is real (which IMHO I tend to think it is) too much "research" would keep me from enjoying it.

Enjoy!!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Here is the ultimate resource on Cubans....

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/index.htm

Check under "packaging" and compare.

A lot of people are saying "smoke it", but if you don't know what to look for, that does nothing! There are many 'knock-offs' coming out of Cuba that smoke fine and taste great even though they aren't genuine.

Rule of thumb is "know your source". This guy may be trustworthy, but does HE know his source? Does he know where that retailer gets their supply? Does he have history with them? (The list goes on...)

Just smoke it one day....If you enjoy it, then does it really mater? :)

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Yep. That's the plan. It'll meet it's demise next weekend durning my little brother's bachelor party! ;)

Thanks to all of those who responded.