What's new

Real or Fake?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my girlfriends dad got this for me in cancun, I asked that he didn't buy me a Cuban there because a lot of them are fake. He decided to buy me one anyways which I am grateful for, but I do believe it is fake. Anyone else think so?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just going by the band, the gold line above "Cohiba" overlaps part of the black and white "checkerboard" section on the band. This does not happen on the real ones I hate to say as they take huge pride in their bands (see picture)
I will add however that to me it shouldn't matter where a cigar comes from, but only if you enjoy it.
fake cohiba.jpg

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The only place that sells legit Cuban cigars in Cancun is the LCdH. If he bought it anywhere else, it is fugazi.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The only place that sells legit Cuban cigars in Cancun is the LCdH. If he bought it anywhere else, it is fugazi.
wisdom from one who knows.................Where did he buy it? Best looking "fake" I have ever seen.............

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Just going by the band, the gold line above "Cohiba" overlaps part of the black and white "checkerboard" section on the band. This does not happen on the real ones I hate to say as they take huge pride in their bands (see picture)
I will add however that to me it shouldn't matter where a cigar comes from, but only if you enjoy it.
View attachment 42873
I used to share the "as long as you enjoy it" philosophy until I saw a few dissected. I've seen paper, mold, powder and leaf particles in counterfeits. I do not smoke them. I do not pass them.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a sad thing to have family/friends go out and spend their money on stuff that most likely is fake and it behooves us as enthusiasts to let them know that "if" they are out and about and want to buy a cigar(s) for us that they should indeed shop at reputable cigar places. We need to help educate them because I know in all honesty they are trying to do something good because they know we enjoy cigars. Unfortunately for them is that the jagoffs who sell fake product are good at their craft of scamming people so they tickle their wallets with 'deals of the century' on Cuban Cigars for a song.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
wisdom from one who knows.................Where did he buy it? Best looking "fake" I have ever seen.............
I am in agreement. Cap is a bit rough, but if your just going off the band I dont see a single thing wrong with it.

Mike

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know what people mean when they say the wrapper is rough or ugly or fake because of how it looks.

The close up on the cap though is a little blurry, from here it looks like it isn't triple capped though which would mean it isn't genuine.