What's new

Real or fake?

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Educate yourself on what everything should look like, the triple cap should not be your only indicator by any means.

This is not a retailer, just an informational site, so should be ok to post here, but this is a great, great authority on that topic.
www.cubancigarwebsite.com

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Is it a cerdros de luxe no. 3? If so, I highly doubt there's many people out there faking a cigar like that.
My initial thoughts too. Can't really tell from your pictures, but at least the triple cap looks like it has nice construction, not like some cheap fake looking cigar.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's real. I work in the print industry and I know color, embossing, and die cutting. It's dead on to the ones I have had in my possession. Also, financially speaking for someone to attempt to fake that particular cigar, wouldn't be worth it. While I personally love RyJ cubans more than Cohibas, most people don't feel that way and RyJs don't carry that price tag. The embossing dies, shape dies, and plates to print that would be too costly to make a knock off of a relatively cheap $5.00 cigar.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Just curious. I got it from a friend, and if he unknowingly buying fakes I want him to know. I don't want to see him get taken advantage of as he is my friend.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Is it a cerdros de luxe no. 3? If so, I highly doubt there's many people out there faking a cigar like that.
My initial thoughts too. Can't really tell from your pictures, but at least the triple cap looks like it has nice construction, not like some cheap fake looking cigar.
Yeah the Churchill with the old bronzish is the ryj I've seen counterfeited with any regularity.