What's new

Real Padilla?

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
So my dad and rest of the family visited the grandma in florida over thanksgiving. She lives in a place called "The Village". Anyways, he picked up a couple Padilla Habanos for me for christmas. I smoked one today and it was not bad at all. I did take a couple puffs and have to put it out (did blow out/cut an inch or so off of the foot), but kept it in a ciguard tube and re-lit it a couple hours later.
So I got to wondering what the cost of a box or two would be and looked online. None of the bands on the Padillas I saw online (serious cigars, cigars international, etc.) look anything like the bands on the Padillas I have. Can someone help me out? Maybe there are new bands or I have an old band or a special band or something? Here's some pics of the band from the churchill I smoked today.
Thanks!

TYLER

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
It's a Padilla, but it's the Padilla Nicaragua, not Miami. It's a pretty decent cigar though. It's relatively cheap I'll look around and see if I can't find a price for you.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
It certainly seems a bit shady...must be why they changed the labels. The new style labels don't say "Habanna, Cuba" on them.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah, the whole 'habanna cuba' thing right on the band is weird. It's also weird that the band strays so far from the bands pictured on the Padilla website. The Padilla Hybrids aren't made in the U.S.(at least I don't think) and have the same band pictured as on the Miamis. Maybe Padilla just recently changed the look of their bands.

TYLER

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I just got off the phone with a "friend"...

There is going to be some important news about Padilla 8/11 coming out soon. I can't say what exactly, but it'll come out soon.:scratchhe

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have had a few of these at the Big Smoke in Vegas, it was a good Morning smoke...........