What's new

Really Rocky??!!

Dread Scott

@Scottamus
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome. As a Baltimore native, I really hope it's a good stick. On a similar note tho... The Edge Fumas: yuck. I really feel like Rocky and co. are just chasing Drew Estate at this point. I know the fuma is the knock off, but how about changing the name. I started smoking because each cigar was a quality, hand rolled experience to be savored or saved; not to collect them like mass produced Pokémon cards.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I figured this was along the lines of what Gurkha would do...hustle people to buy a cigar from a person who was never about cigars in the first place...but go ahead and use his name for merchandising that would have football fans climbing the walls just to get a cigar....this is when I am ashamed of the Cigar Manufacturers who are only out to get money and don't really care about the quality of what they sell...just put some famous guys name and likeness and like sheep...we're supposed to buy it.

Last edited:

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
When the big brands grow so much that they have 300 regular production blends, and 120 LE blends, and 10 celebrity blends, and 13 ultra-reserve blends, and 72 B&M exclusive blends... See, I couldn't keep going because it's so ridiculous. That being said, this cigar will probably sell out. It may take a while, but it will happen.

I don't see how the quality and consistency can be there when you are having to oversee that much blending and production. I would much rather spend my money on cigars from small to medium companies. Here's how I see it: My beer fridge is not filled with Bud, or Miller, or Coors, etc. They make a solid consistent product that out-sells everything else, but I want more. It seems like Rocky Patel, or Gurkha, or Perdomo, etc. are becoming the Budweiser of the cigar world. They ship a lot of product and take in a lot of money. Good for them. This is America and I say "well done!" but I'd still rather go elsewhere for my cigar dollar.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Yep, they'll sell about $1250 worth of cigars to the RL fans that just want his autograph on the box.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I believe this cigar was first announced maybe one or two years ago, but due to the fact Ray Lewis wasn't able to do in-store events they shelved the brand for awhile.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My wife would kill me if I bought this cigar.
What would she do if you bought a Ray Rice cigar? :eek:

Seriously though, anyone remember seeing the LE MOW's, same idea as here but for some guy from the Philadelphia Eagles? Green and white band, had his number on it, etc.

Not my cup of tea, but hey, if a guy wants to buy/smoke them, who am I to judge? Besides, I've spent money on stranger things than that...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wont be buying. Regular production and LE are fine with me, but way too over the top.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Actually nobody at Rocky Patel is responsible for this cigar. They were all in the limo at the time. This cigar was made right outside the limo without their knowledge. You know what on second thought...they do know about this cigar and they are willing to turn state's evidence and sell out anybody who was directly involved in the blending of said cigar.

Plus, I heard that if you buy a box you get entered for a chance to win a white bloody suit.