What's new

Recent Trip to The Dominican Republic

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, its official. My 7 days of Vacation in the Dominican Republic is now over. It was a great trip and we met a lot of great people. Ok, now for the cigar side of things. First of all, there are tons and tons and tons of fake cigars floating around the DR. Its seemed once I spoke with the small cigar shops selling them for a few minutes they were very quick to open up and admit most of their cigars were fake. I did manage to setup a trip to Don Lucas through Rafael which was great. First they arrange for you to get picked up and brought back to your resort for free which was great. Second, they let you choose one of their smokes to enjoy while they explain the process and give you a tour of their factory. The factory was small but I think it was "ONE" of the best smokes I've ever had. Maybe because they are soo fresh, I'm not quite sure. There Humidor was huge and offered cigars from all over the world and even had a nice "AUTHENTIC CC" selection. Prices were average and in line with where they should be. Rafael even gave me a glass of 40 yr old aged rum to enjoy while I was there to enjoy. It was a very nice experience and after visiting some other places there I would say Don Lucas has the best selection of "REAL" Cigars in the Bavaro, Punta Cana area.. All the people there were friendly as well, which was nice because it seems most of the people in the DR aren't so friendly. I would recommend to everyone for sure. I will also say that "US CUSTOMS" Didnt even open my bag that had well over 100 sticks in it :yes: . We did go into the jungle up in the mountains and visited a few tobacco fields as well, which was awesome. The photo below is from one of the tiny cigar shops in the mountains. She rolled me a fresh vanilla cigar which was really good as well. The rest of my pics are on my camera and I need a new cable, so ill post some soon. Enjoy

cigar rolling.jpg

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Great story. I've been to the DR also but long before my indulgence in cigars. It would be awesome to go again.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I was in the DR a few years ago and have to agree the fakes are everywhere. You really have to be careful. Great place to visit though.