What's new

Recommend some craft beer to me

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Plus 1 on the Ten Fidy. Also, there is a barrel aged ale called Backwoods Bastard by Founders that is out now. It's pretty damn good. Also, if BCBS is too sweet for you, send them my way!

-KK33-
I agree on all of that. Also, get the untappd app. It will let you rate the beers you have had and remind you what you liked and didn't. You can also see what your friends and others are drinking and how they rated different beers. It can give you an idea of what you might want to try.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
+1 on the Innis and Gunn. My first real venture beyond regular beers. Still enjoy them although the barrel notes aren't as prominent as some of the founders and bourbon county stuff. Different type of beer though. Still awesome.

-KK33-

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pirate Bomb is the best stout I've ever had. I'm very jealous you get it in your area.
We have shitty liquor laws here, so there are lots beers we don't get.. Luckily we have a very nice local craft brewer scene..

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
A nice IPA that isn't too hoppy that I would recommend if you get it in your area is cigar city's jai alai and a stout I would recommend is oskar blue's ten fidy
Solid choices. Although $17 for a 4 pack may be steep, I can guarantee that you have never had a beer like Ten Fidy based on the list you provided. It's serious business. Can't get the Jai Alai here but have heard good things.

My recommendation would be for two Samuel Smith offerings (Not Sam Adams). You can purchase single bottles (bombers) for a relatively low investment and make extremely good beer. Old brewery pale ale and Winter welcome.

Whichever craft beer you decide to try, do yourself a favor and don't drink it ice cold. 40-50 degrees is what your aiming for. Take it out of the fridge 1/2 hour before drinking and you will be able to taste what the brewer intended. Much colder and it severely masks the flavors. Let us know what you try!

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are several from the Dogfish Head line that I would recommend. But that have so many good beers that they make, it makes a bit difficult for me to narrow down exactly which ones to recommend.

Also, Troeg's out of Harrisburg makes an interesting beer that comes out this time of year called Mad Elf. If you like sweeter beers this has a good splash of honey and cherry in it.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I don't know what you have around you, but most stores that carry craft beer will let you "make your own 6 pack" and I think thats the best way to just try a bunch of things. You say you don't like hoppy now, but you might try an IPA that you find you like and then next thing you know you're throwing back DIPA's like a kid eating candy on Halloween. I would also try grabbing multiple styles of one brewery to get a taste for what they're capable of. Some breweries are better at one style than others and some breweries make amazing beers across the board. I know a lot of people would recommend Dogfish Head, because they are awesome, but a lot of their beers are for more refined pallets and a lot of them get lost in translation because of how unique their flavors are (they do a lot of very experimental batches.) I also don't know what is available in your area but I would definitely recommend trying anything Bell's (Bell's Two Hearted is up there as one of my favorite IPA's) because I think they're nationwide and they make a lot of great beers and seem to know what their doing in creating unique beer that still stays true to that beer's style. Some other great breweries I would recommend would be Cigar City, Terrapin, Stone, and Founders to name a few... but there are so many so I would personally just start grabbing!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
The selection, for creating your own 6-pack, lacked almost everything that was listed here. If I was willing to buy a 4-pack of anything I could have found most of it LOL So here's what I ended up with

Old Chub Scoth Ale, Oskar Blues
Chocolate Milk Stout, 4 Hands
Milk Stout, Left Hand
Founders Porter, Founders
Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale, Founders
The Poet Oatmeal Stout, New Holland

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
The selection, for creating your own 6-pack, lacked almost everything that was listed here. If I was willing to buy a 4-pack of anything I could have found most of it LOL So here's what I ended up with

Old Chub Scoth Ale, Oskar Blues
Chocolate Milk Stout, 4 Hands
Milk Stout, Left Hand
Founders Porter, Founders
Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale, Founders
The Poet Oatmeal Stout, New Holland
Not sure if it works the same at binnys, but at total wine here you can take singles from four/six packs to purchase separately even if they aren't in the singles section

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Not sure if it works the same at binnys, but at total wine here you can take singles from four/six packs to purchase separately even if they aren't in the singles section
At our Binnys I don't believe you can do that. There is another smaller liquor place near me that has a great selection. They are a little pricier, but I bet they would allow it. I'll have to check.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Weyerbacher Heresy - surprisingly one of the best barrel aged stouts IMO

Anderson Valley - any of their barrel aged stouts

Rogue Mocha Porter

Weihenstephan Hefe or Vitus- oldest brewery operating since 1040 so pretty much anything they make is great, but especially the Vitus and the Hefe.

Anchor Steam - a classic and one you might like. Not overly hoppy or bitter with a smooth lager character and a strong malt backbone.

Terrapin Moo-Hoo nitro

Dogfish Head Palo Santo

Dogfish Head Immort Ale