What's new

Recommendations: Cigars for Pastors

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I hope that title made you go scratch your head. ;)
I'm part of a small group of pastors/missionaries who, once a year, get together in South Florida to slow down together, plan, enjoy cigars, conversation, bourbon, and other good things. We aren't your typical group of pastors... within moderation, we enjoy the freedoms we all have. I'm heading out a week from tomorrow.

As a gift to my brothers, I wanted to bring some cigars for the weekend. I know what to get in the flavor profile I prefer (full flavor/strength), but I am not so sure when it comes to a decent mild cigar. Maybe a Connecticut wrapper? I've recently enjoyed an Undercrown Shade but haven't had enough Connecticut to know if I'd like something else more. What would you recommend I get for my brother's to enjoy? Thanks for any help/input.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I enjoy a mild\medium cigar on occasion, my dad prefers them exclusively so I always have them stocked for him. My favorite is the Montecristo yellow robusto and his is New World Connecticut by AJ Fernandez. The UC Shade is a good cigar also IMO.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
for a light/medium stick I like Tat Cabaiguan, fratello, l'aranga, la colmena/hacienda, epernay

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Hmmmm lighter cigars:

Roma Craft Intemperance EC
LFD Suave
Fuente Chateau/Double Chateau
Camacho conni
Illusione Epernay

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Second the Intemperance line, its very good. Fuente's Chateau line is a great mild, budget-conscious choice.
Are you guys PCA?

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
are you implying that handing out illusione epernays isn't treating your friends right!?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm going to go another route. I say go with a Room 101 San Andres No. 213. If you really want a CT I like the Perdomo Factory Tour.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
theres always davidoff if you wanna spend a ton of money, they seem to specialize in smooth mild sticks

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
are you implying that handing out illusione epernays isn't treating your friends right!?[/QUOTE
LOL. Of course not. Just stating the high regard that I have for L' Atelier original. Never have and never will put down a brother's recommendation of a smoke...except I honestly don't know how anyone could recommend El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supremes.;)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I hope that title made you go scratch your head. ;)
I'm part of a small group of pastors/missionaries who, once a year, get together in South Florida to slow down together, plan, enjoy cigars, conversation, bourbon, and other good things. We aren't your typical group of pastors... within moderation, we enjoy the freedoms we all have. I'm heading out a week from tomorrow.

As a gift to my brothers, I wanted to bring some cigars for the weekend. I know what to get in the flavor profile I prefer (full flavor/strength), but I am not so sure when it comes to a decent mild cigar. Maybe a Connecticut wrapper? I've recently enjoyed an Undercrown Shade but haven't had enough Connecticut to know if I'd like something else more. What would you recommend I get for my brother's to enjoy? Thanks for any help/input.
Send me address and I'll send some sticks for you.