What's new

Recommendations for a botl out off the loop

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello botl,
Ive been out of the loop for about 5 years, stayed offline and smoked my stash. Now im back online and i am looking for recommendations. I enjoy smoking padron 3000/4000, fuente Hemingway best seller, fuente 858: as for cubans partagas d 4, hoyo epi 2, romeo y julieta wide churchils.

I hear good things about dtt and tatuaje. Which sticks do you recommend? Or are there any other brands/specific lines i should try based on my preferences?

Once again thank you

Sent from my SM-N986N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As a general rule I like just about all Tats I appreciate the Black a good deal but if you like lances I understand the Skinny Monsters are excellent.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My favorite Tatuaje is the Havana VI Verocu. Most of the stuff from Tatuaje is going to be well above average. It is just a matter of finding which one fits your taste profile.

If you're a fan of Cameroon wrappers I would think LFD Cameroon Cabinet and the AJ Fernandez New World Cameroon may be worth a try.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
It sounds like you enjoy many of the same blends as I do (Padron, Fuente, etc.). I would agree that most of the Tat stuff is quite good and the black blend is my favorite as well.

As far as Dunbarton, I have been very impressed with most of their blends. Because of Steve Saka's leadership and expertise, I view their cigars and overall direction as what Drew Estate used to be before they sold their soul to Swisher.

A couple of other brands you may want to explore are Warped and Crowned Heads. Both brands have added a few too many blends over the past couple of years IMHO, but for the most part the majority of cigars within their lines are outstanding.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello botl,
Ive been out of the loop for about 5 years, stayed offline and smoked my stash. Now im back online and i am looking for recommendations. I enjoy smoking padron 3000/4000, fuente Hemingway best seller, fuente 858: as for cubans partagas d 4, hoyo epi 2, romeo y julieta wide churchils.

I hear good things about dtt and tatuaje. Which sticks do you recommend?

Once again thank you

I too have returned to cigars after being away awhile. I was recently gifted a membership to Luxury Cigar Club by my better half. They have sent me many premium and a few boutique cigars that have been nice to sample. The reason I bring them up, they are currently offering the skinny monsters that Boudie mentioned above. I haven’t tried them, but have heard good things. I highly recommend joining a subscription service to try new sticks. The club I mentioned has been great so far, they also give members 20% off their purchases too. I’m looking at giving Stoggie Bird a shot. I recommend a service you can pause and restart as needed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you enjoy many of the same blends as I do (Padron, Fuente, etc.). I would agree that most of the Tat stuff is quite good and the black blend is my favorite as well.

As far as Dunbarton, I have been very impressed with most of their blends. Because of Steve Saka's leadership and expertise, I view their cigars and overall direction as what Drew Estate used to be before they sold their soul to Swisher.

A couple of other brands you may want to explore are Warped and Crowned Heads. Both brands have added a few too any blends over the past couple of years IMHO, but for the most part the majority of cigars within their lines are outstanding.
Which dunbarton cigars do you enjoy? It seems we have similar tastes. Thanks you~

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Which dunbarton cigars do you enjoy? It seems we have similar tastes. Thanks you~

The sobremesa and umbagog are my two favorites. The muestra de saka nacatamale and NLMTHA lancero are really good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sobremesa and umbagog are my two favorites. The muestra de saka nacatamale and NLMTHA lancero are really good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy
Thank you !

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Alec Bradley Tempus has been stellar recently.

Oliva does a good job.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm all in on the warped 1988 and tab 142 toro these days. Kinda yin and yang, both just total flavor bombs. 142 is a nice nod to oily, drippy (not really, I'm deep in a metaphor here), "let's do our best to make a refined brute" and nails it, imo. The 1988 is probably my go-to aganorsa/warped product right now. Tat escasos is one of the best tat I've had in years - noellas.

More broadly, factories that take up more room in my humidor than they did five years ago: aganorsa, titan de bronze, de, nica sueno, oveja negra, cuban, etc.

I'm not really a fuente/padron guy, so ymmv.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
@Rupe, you’re too young to remember Drew Estates before Saka. It was an absolute joke. They were flavored cigars and the Natural had the flavor of ash (or ass). Saka made them a serious cigar company. I’d say they’re just returning to their roots.

As to the question, Tat Blacks are great! I’d definitely try to Tat Brown Label Havana Cazadores. They’re wet packed in foil so it completely changes the cigar. Great stick IMO. They’re doing great things with Sumatran wrapper the last several years, so I’d also try the Tat Brown 7th Capa Especial. If you’ve got a shop that’s a big Tatuaje shop they just released the Pete’s 50th sticks that are regular sticks with some age on them. There were only 100 cabs of three sticks released so they’re not easy to find and they’ll go quickly. I’d also suggest the Warped Reserva 1988. Great stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
@Rupe, you’re too young to remember Drew Estates before Saka. It was an absolute joke. They were flavored cigars and the Natural had the flavor of ash (or ass). Saka made them a serious cigar company. I’d say they’re just returning to their roots.

As to the question, Tat Blacks are great! I’d definitely try to Tat Brown Label Havana Cazadores. They’re wet packed in foil so it completely changes the cigar. Great stick IMO. They’re doing great things with Sumatran wrapper the last several years, so I’d also try the Tat Brown 7th Capa Especial. If you’ve got a shop that’s a big Tatuaje shop they just released the Pete’s 50th sticks that are regular sticks with some age on them. There were only 100 cabs of three sticks released so they’re not easy to find and they’ll go quickly. I’d also suggest the Warped Reserva 1988. Great stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for calling me “too young” @Altercall. Literally music to my almost 60 year old ears. ;)

I am still a youngster on my Cigar journey though and totally forgot about Java’s and Acids as the beginnings of Drew Estate. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of DE in their prime when Saka and Nick M. were creating some awesome cigars. Those were the days!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Try Caldwell's cigars. Long Lived The King. LLTK Maduro corona is available at Cigar Auctioneer for less than 6 bucks a stick right now (box of 10). Great cigar. They also have Mi Querida for a good price.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Caldwell Midnight Express
Either Tabernacle by Foundation Cigars
The Big Pay Back Room 101
Eiora CBT

Just off the top of my head

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Note: these recommendations are coming from a guy who no longer smokes maduros. I generally prefer Cubans and Equadorian Habano, and can’t stand Sumatra.

That being said:
El Gueguense by Foundation is one of the best cigars released in the recent past. Dunbarton and Foundation can’t miss.

Dunbarton, the Nactamale is one that knocked my socks off.

HVC is putting out good stuff, I LOVE the 500th Anni
Tatuaje - any of the brown or black label are good
Illusione - everything Dion touches I have enjoyed
Crowned Heads - can be hit or miss, but the Mil Dias is phenomenal
Herrera Esteli core line - still in my opinion, one of the most reliable and delicious sticks around.

For maduros:
Definitely try any of the darker stuff by Foundation. It’s all amazing. (Also, he was known at Drew Estate as the “King of Broadleaf” so if you liked Liga Privada back in the day...)
Tatuaje Reservas are my other go-to for that CBL flavor.
Crowned Heads Jericho Hill - it’s like smoking a chocolate bar.
And of course, yeah, Dunbarton. Mi Querida is where you need to start, probably.

Last edited:

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to 2nd Illusione. Haven't had one that I didn't love, the OneOff being the only exception. Start with the Epernay. Plus their Rothchilds come in cabs of 50 and is a great smoke at a great price.

And I'm with everyone on Tatuaje. The CT Broadleaf Reserva is a thing of beauty.