What's new

Recommendations for cigar shop in Winchester, VA?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I will be in Winchester, VA on Feb. 20-23. Will probably only have time for a smoke on the 22nd. Any recommendations for a good cigar shop to hang out at?

Marvin

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The only one I know of in Winchester is J.B Hayes, Tobacconist. I've never hung out there but he seems like a good guy
Just up the interstate a piece you can find King Street Coffee and Tobacco Emporium in Martinsburg WV.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Second the recommenadtion for John B Hayes. Dropped in there a few weeks ago and found a friendly, knowlegeable proprieter, decent selection and some friendly BOTL. I don't recall a separate lounge, per se, but there was seating inside.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Edit: Never mind... Eric temporarily disabled it because of bugs...

Sorry to thread jack here but I think it applies to Marvin's question. But is the B&M Finder tool up top not working? I added some Washington B&M's when Eric first started it, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it...

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey Marvin,

What brings you to Winchester VA from sunny HI? We have a place in Strasburg VA which is about 10 miles south of Winchester (Winchester's actually the "big town" that most of the stores etc are out there). For shops, JB Hayes is the local shop out there. They also have a store (their main store, in Fairfax). From my experience, most of the harder to find type smokes are at their Fairfax store, probably because there are fewer people out west in the valley who would pay $10+ for a single stick. I have found things from sungrown hemingways, Anejo's, padron Anni's at the Fairfax store where I've never seen them out west in Winchester. Its a decent shop with some chairs in the front to smoke but if you're looking for a shop with a large selection, I'd take the 1.5 hour trip and head to DC to Drapers. If you're looking for a place to chill and have a smoke, Hayes is fine.

Bummer you're in from Sun-Weds. We're usually out there on the weekends but head back to the city early Sundays. G1

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks for the great advice! I guess I'll be heading over to JB Hayes because I won't have a car.

I'm actually going to Winchester for a wine event, Mondovino. My friend Fran is a wine importer based there.

Deemancpa - If you want to meet me over at the shop I'll bring a couple of goodies for you.

Marvin

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great advice! I guess I'll be heading over to JB Hayes because I won't have a car.

I'm actually going to Winchester for a wine event, Mondovino. My friend Fran is a wine importer based there.

Deemancpa - If you want to meet me over at the shop I'll bring a couple of goodies for you.

Marvin
Wow! I'm going to the same wine event! We can meet up! D

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Marvin
Sweet Marvin!

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin came in on Sunday. I picked him up at his hotel and we proceeded to the local shop, JB Hayes. I asked the guy at the shop to keep it open because Marvin is coming from Hawaii and really wanted a relaxing smoke after a long trip.

Monday, we met up at the Wine Tasting mostly for retailers carrying the distributors products. I believe there were about 290 or so wines, some beer and spirits. We had a great time, I learned a bit more about wine at the event. After all the wine, we went back to the smoke shop, my head was buzzing, a drank more than a spit.

Tuesday, we had about an inch of sleet and 2 inches of snow so after digging out and going to teach, I met up with Marvin at the smoke shop, we smoked, then I dropped him off back at the hotel. Should be on his way to BWI

Marvin was the nicest guy, experienced with cigars and wine. Hope to see you again my friend.
BOTL - is a great network to gather cigar smokers around the world by this commonality.
Hope I was a good host!

Dee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Looks like you guys had a good time in VA! Look forward to hearing about the weather there - Hawaii guys dont do good in the cold.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Marvin came in on Sunday. I picked him up at his hotel and we proceeded to the local shop, JB Hayes. I asked the guy at the shop to keep it open because Marvin is coming from Hawaii and really wanted a relaxing smoke after a long trip.

Monday, we met up at the Wine Tasting mostly for retailers carrying the distributors products. I believe there were about 290 or so wines, some beer and spirits. We had a great time, I learned a bit more about wine at the event. After all the wine, we went back to the smoke shop, my head was buzzing, a drank more than a spit.

Tuesday, we had about an inch of sleet and 2 inches of snow so after digging out and going to teach, I met up with Marvin at the smoke shop, we smoked, then I dropped him off back at the hotel. Should be on his way to BWI

Marvin was the nicest guy, experienced with cigars and wine. Hope to see you again my friend.
BOTL - is a great network to gather cigar smokers around the world by this commonality.
Hope I was a good host!

Dee
I should have been keeping up with this thread. I was in Winchester today as it's my delivery day for that area. Maybe next time!