What's new

Recommendations for cigars to age for my son

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My son is due in September, and I got the idea that it would be a cool thing to buy a box and age them for him. I figure ~20 years of saving a box for him would make for a special moment, and maybe we could smoke one together.

It occurred to me that in 20 years a box of CC might not have the same cache, or it might have even more if the quality of CC goes way down hill once the embargo is lifted. In any case it's hard to predict. It also occurred to me that 20 years is a long time, and maybe it would be a good idea to start with something really strong and full bodied, like a box of LFD or something.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Go strong and CC with a box of Bolivar? Go even stronger with an LFD? Is there a cigar that is known for benefitting from that much age? Thanks for your suggestions!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
CCs are fine to age. I'd go with Partagas myself but that's only personal preference as regular Boli doesn't do it for me.

as for non cubans, I have a bunch from almost a decade ago that still smoke fine. I would venture to say that Pepin tobacco would hold it's flavor for a while. Don't know about twenty years, but still.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You guys are hilarious. :woot::woot::woot:

Pepin is a good idea - I hadn't considered aging a box of the My Father line. I mean, the name sort of fits. "wow, who gave you a 20+ year old box of cigars?"

As far as CC I like, I like Ramon Allones, Partagas, and Cohiba the best, but I haven't tried that many.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
My baby boy is due in October. Decided on a box of Cohiba lanceros to commemorate his birth. 25 to a box so I can smoke one a year for a while

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
i would buy many boxes and give the unopened boxes to him when he graduates high school or college what a wonderful graduation gift here you go son 4-6 boxes of aged cc's that will be worth untold amounts of money that he can do with what he sees fit

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Aged Cubans will always have cachet and be in demand. Always. When you're talking a cigar with the legs for 20+, the only stuff I would even trust to hold up that long would come from Cuba. Pick out whatever special occasion smoke you like most from Cuba and grab a box.

kcmontie

Choppers, lanceros and cobs
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My son was born in Feb 08 so I went with a box of Cohiba Siglo III from Feb 08 that is full. I also went with 08 Sir Winston and 08 Cohiba IV but they are a couple months off. I try and keep my eyes out for Feb 08 when the come up for sale. Lucky 08 was good for cigars. I wish I would have bought a cab of Partagas Lusi. The truth is what ever you get will be special. I hope you find a great box

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
20 years sure seems like a very long time. Except when it gets here, looking back it seems like it flew by. Unless you are in prison and then I am sure 20 years feels like an eternity.

This post is a prime example of why I shouldn't post anything until I have had at least 1 cup of coffee.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I tried saving a box of Coros with my sons month and year... smoked them all already. They were too good.
Well, when he turns 20 you can tell him how when he was born you bought him a box of Cubans to age and give to him when he turned 20. Have a camera ready so you can take a pic of the look on his face when you tell him you smoked them years ago.Priceless!

Helps develop character.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Well, when he turns 20 you can tell him how when he was born you bought him a box of Cubans to age and give to him when he turned 20. Have a camera ready so you can take a pic of the look on his face when you tell him you smoked them years ago.Priceless!

Helps develop character.
Ill give him a liga privada so he can start by smoking garbage overpriced sticks like i did when i started ;)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
You guys are hilarious. :woot::woot::woot:

Pepin is a good idea - I hadn't considered aging a box of the My Father line. I mean, the name sort of fits. "wow, who gave you a 20+ year old box of cigars?"

As far as CC I like, I like Ramon Allones, Partagas, and Cohiba the best, but I haven't tried that many.

Smoked a couple of 08 Pepins today and they were still very flavorful.