What's new

Red Shrimp

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I haven't heard of these before, but a Farm Market we sometimes visit in PA, had these on sale. $10.50 for 2 lbs. which I figured was cheap enough to take a gamble. These are wild caught off the cost of Argentina. I peeled and deveined the shrimp, and sautéed them in a little butter and light olive oil. Oh, my, these where the sweetest, tastiest shrimp I have ever consumed. Very, very close to lobster in flavor.

Anyone else try these? If so, which do you prefer, these, or regular white shrimp?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I haven't heard of these before, but a Farm Market we sometimes visit in PA, had these on sale. $10.50 for 2 lbs. which I figured was cheap enough to take a gamble. These are wild caught off the cost of Argentina. I peeled and deveined the shrimp, and sautéed them in a little butter and light olive oil. Oh, my, these where the sweetest, tastiest shrimp I have ever consumed. Very, very close to lobster in flavor.

Anyone else try these? If so, which do you prefer, these, or regular white shrimp?
Thats funny you asked. I just ran into these at a fish market in town that i went to yesterday but it was $7.50 a lb. I might pick some up tomorrow and try it this weekend!