What's new

Redux: BOTL™ Small Batch 2010 by PDR

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 31937

Got just a straight 5er. Guess the FNGs don't get the same love! JK. They're down for a nap to cool off.
Dont worry Fullbody smoker; it wasn't just you; I ordered 2 5ers and only got exactly that... all good though cant wait to light one of these up...
Did either of you use the BOTL coupon for a 10% discount? I wonder if that would have tipped Tim off to you being a BOTL member. I was lucky to spot it in one of the threads and referenced it. Perchance that was the difference. Sorry you missed out, but I'm sure no slight intended on Tim's part.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
View attachment 31937

Got just a straight 5er. Guess the FNGs don't get the same love! JK. They're down for a nap to cool off.
Dont worry Fullbody smoker; it wasn't just you; I ordered 2 5ers and only got exactly that... all good though cant wait to light one of these up...
Did either of you use the BOTL coupon for a 10% discount? I wonder if that would have tipped Tim off to you being a BOTL member. I was lucky to spot it in one of the threads and referenced it. Perchance that was the difference. Sorry you missed out, but I'm sure no slight intended on Tim's part.
I did not that may have been the case... whatever; I'm still happy with my purchase..

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I used the code and got a straight fiver too. However, that's what I ordered, and that's what I paid for! If others randomly got an extra, awesome of Tim, and awesome for the guy who got it. It's all good! I was just glad to be able to get a few of the redux, as I wasn't here for the initial run.

Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
OK after a week of being in my humidor I smoked ONE. I didnt write any notes and I smoked it yesterday so Im going of mermory here. One more thing this is not an official review ( Ive never done one and my writing skills are lacking) I just want to share what I got out of it so this is just going to be a short to the point description of what i noticed.

First off construction was great burn was fantastic all the way through no touch up's required. I did have to relight once but that was my fault not the cigars. There was Idk what to call it but the cap wasnt the usual double or triple cap u see on most cigars maybe someone with more experience could fill me in on what it is. Dont get me wrong im not complaining it was just different. The draw was loose, I do like it a little tighter but it gave off plenty of smoke with a regular draw.

About 10 min or so into the cigar the main flavor was leather lots and lots of leather followed by baking spice, I like it. If i remember correctly this was the way it went until the 2/3. The 2/3 the leather was still there it just wasnt the main flavor anymore. The main flavor was a sweet tobacco with the leather in the back ground. Very nice at this point. The baking spice is gone at this point. The last 3rd stayed pretty constistant to the 2/3 the sweet tobacco was still there but the leather was more pronounced.

The smoke was creamy and smooth not gritty or harsh. There was a strong Pepper through the nose. The Finish was long, lasting until the next draw. The ash for me didnt hold on more then half to 3/4 of an inch not bad but you just need to be aware of this so you dont drop ash all over your lap. lol

This was a well made good smoking cigar especially for the price. The flavor was there you didnt have to search for it weather you like it or not you will have to smoke one to find out. The leather was a bit strong at first but it faded a bit making it more enjoyable. I smoked an original from 2010 and even though it was a good while ago I dont remember it having so much of a leather taste. (Thanks to ATL for the 2010 version.) This was a good cigar in my opinion and with some age im hoping the leather in the 1/3 will mellow out a little but I am glad i purchaded a box and cant wait to see how these age.

I know this is not what you guys are used to for a cigar review but I havent seen one out there yet and I just wanted to let everyone know how it was smoking now. Even though this is not the standard review hopefully you will get a feel of what to expect from this cigar. Maybe a more qualified BOTL after reading this will post a real review and clear up the parts I left out. Anyway PLEASE dont bash me to bad on my writing or non-writing skills and feel free to disagree or write a better review Im not the most experienced smoker out there I just enjoy smoking a Good Cigar.

Thanks
Justin

Last edited:
Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
Now that I think about it maybe i should of put this in the review section. I wasnt expecting this to be so long so if it needs to be moved or deleted feel free.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
At least you guys got your 5er's! My wife ordered a 5er with a box of the DE BOTL '13 and the 5er never showed up. Emailed Podman and got a response back, but haven't heard since (he's been in Nica).

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
At least you guys got your 5er's! My wife ordered a 5er with a box of the DE BOTL '13 and the 5er never showed up. Emailed Podman and got a response back, but haven't heard since (he's been in Nica).
No worries I am sure Podman will take care of you when he gets back from Nica' the Internet is spotty down there!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
View attachment 32238View attachment 32239

I thoroughly enjoyed smoking this cigar.
Taste was a nice change of pace from the usual Nicas I smoke.
Draw was nice and open and burned at steady clip. Smoking time 1.5hrs
First ash held well past one inch.
I would consider flavor medium full--very zesty retro hale, and strength really picked up with time, ending 8 of 10
Great smoke that I'll look forward to going back to.
Nice Job and Hats off to everyone involved :applause:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I used the code and got a straight fiver too. However, that's what I ordered, and that's what I paid for! If others randomly got an extra, awesome of Tim, and awesome for the guy who got it. It's all good! I was just glad to be able to get a few of the redux, as I wasn't here for the initial run.
Sigh... What code are you all talking about? I would read this right after placing an order. SMH...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sigh... What code are you all talking about? I would read this right after placing an order. SMH...
The code is BOTL.