What's new

Reflications on Fatherhood

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night i was wrestling with my kids and had my 4 onth old son on my chest and as he was sitting up on his own for the very first time I started to think on the true joy of being a parent... then he puked on my face covering my beard glasses in partly curdled baby formula. I was surprised and less than pleased but then my daughter started laughing and I started laughing, then my daughter continued laugh so hard she peed, on the couch.

I may never be the father my father was to me but this year I am going to let him know how thankful I am to have something to strive towards. Happy father's day to all you dads.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
When my son was about 7 months old he was standing on my lap holding my hands and got a quirky smile on his face.

Warning, quirky smiles mean projectile vomiting.

He's 20 now. daughters 17. Enjoy it while you can!

Flyer75

Flyer Faithful
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We just had our 5th on June 11th. There's nothing better then being a dad. 2 girls age 9 and 3 boys age 6, 21 months, and 6 days...lol. We're busy, but it's worth it. We're done now and in a way I wish we weren't.

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We just had our 5th on June 11th. There's nothing better then being a dad. 2 girls age 9 and 3 boys age 6, 21 months, and 6 days...lol. We're busy, but it's worth it. We're done now and in a way I wish we weren't.

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there.
I can't imagine having five, then again I always thought I only wanted one and now I'm thinking three would be great.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
That's funny, and yes it's hard to get upset sometimes.

Shit, I got hit right in the sack 3 hours after my visectomy. Never sleep on the couch when your kids are running ramped through the house. It hurt, but Nancy laughed so what choice did I have. Plus the meds were in charge at the time.

Happy Fathers Day Bro and Brothers.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
When my son was about 7 months old he was standing on my lap holding my hands and got a quirky smile on his face.

Warning, quirky smiles mean projectile vomiting.

He's 20 now. daughters 17. Enjoy it while you can!

My two boys are now 21, and 18. +1 to what he said, "ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN" It goes by ever so fast. Its hard to believe some times...

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Children are indeed gifts from God. The joy they bring far exceeds the pain.

One of the stories I recall is my wife telling me that both of our boys just want something from dad, so whether it is a trinket or a treasure, just give it to them in love.

So what she did when they were young was pack an extra orange or something in my lunch so when I brought it home they could not wait to see what I had leftover. This was some of the best times in their lives.

Lastly, my son always reminds me that no matter what I do all day, when I come home it's time to get down on the floor and wrestle.

So, enjoy 'em and praise God for them.

Happy Father's Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Children are indeed gifts from God.

[...]

So, enjoy 'em and praise God for them.

Happy Father's Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brother, sister and I are now in college - it's the first year that my parents have been without children in the house all year. My brother is a very independent, distant person, so he doesn't come home much. My sister is 3 hours away for school. I'm 45minutes from home (which means I'm the only one that's in the house on a regular basis to house sit when my folks travel and lend a hand with projects). It's very rare for all the kids and both my parents to be home at the same time - It mostly happens on holidays. [this is all backstory for the punchline] Your post made me think of the prayer my father has taken to saying before holiday meals when everyone is back home:

"God is great, Thanks for this... But please, dear God, No more kids."

I guess three is enough for him :rofl:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Christmas of 2004 I was driving 1200 miles to visit my parents with my (then) 10 year old, 3 year old, and 18 month old. To start the trip off right, the baby got car sick about 100 miles from home. Then, some weather came in and shut down the interstate to a crawl. At one point it took me 12 hours to go six miles.

After 40 hours of driving --and still 200 miles from my parents house with no end in sight-- I couldn't take it anymore. I was on the edge of a sleep deprived induced nervous breakdown. I had to pull over and get some sleep. So I get off the interstate and check into the only place that has rooms, a La Quinta Inn. My wife and I get one bed. The oldest two get another, and I put my youngest in a play pen that I set up and I lay down to get some sleep.

90 minutes into some much needed rest a smell wakes me up. Mind you, I've literally been awake for almost two full days at this point, so I bet you could have stubbed Churchills out on my forehead and I would have slept through it.

This smell was so bad that I woke up gagging. I'm not exaggerating, I sat bolt upright in bed and did everything I could not to puke.

This horrible smell... was coming from the baby. She filled her diaper with what I can only describe as liquified road kill, mixed with sewage, blended into something that burned my nose like ammonia. I've always been a very involved father. I've changed a lot of diapers, but this thing was more rancid than any regular poop known to man kind.

I couldn't even keep the dirty diaper in the room. I had to run it outside to the dumpster. All of her clothes too! Just threw them away, there was no hope for them.

I washed my hands at least a dozen times and still couldn't get that fetid stink of death off of my hands. We opened the door to the room (in 12 degree F weather) and tried to to air the joint out, but nothing worked. So there we are, three hours after stopping, back in the truck and on the road. It took fourteen more hours to get to my folks place, and to say I was surly was an understatement.

I bet you there is a maid who quit her job that day and still talks about it now. If I ever get a chance to meet her, I'd like to apologize and buy her a couple of stiff drinks.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Let's see...there was the eating poop incident, the night I changed my shirt 5 times cause he just kept vomiting, I don't know how many incidences of blow out diarrhea, bloody lips/bitten tongues, and being hit in the nuts so many times I think I may be numb there...for everything else there's Master Card :laugh:. It's a fun ride for sure. My little guy just started day care today!

Dan

Flyer75

Flyer Faithful
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't imagine having five, then again I always thought I only wanted one and now I'm thinking three would be great.
Bahhh, when I had number 3 it was really no big deal. you don't notice the difference anymore. 4 and 5 are easy really....lol.:nodlaugh:

Mathen, great story.....now at least.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've always made it a point to not smoke in front of my eldest daughter who's 2 years old. One day while BBQ'ing some burgers for dinner I decided to have a smoke while cooking. Unbeknownst to me my daughter was spying on me the whole time through the window that when I realized I kinda froze. I know all parents say this but for a 2 year old she is one smart cookie. For the rest of the day until bedtime she would hold here thumb and index finger to her mouth pretending to smoke cigar with a devious grin on her face. My wife and I could do nothing but laugh.

Happy fathers day brothers and also to the brothers that will be fathers in the future. We've all been truly blessed :thumbsup:

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I could do without getting pee'd on several times, could have done without my son taking a bath, I turn around for a second and there he is, holding his nose saying, "dadda, poop" and then me trying to clean that out of the tub. I could have done without the witching hour for a few months when he was little, and the constant battles, but when my little boy realizes I am in the room, and he runs to me and says Dadda, i love you, and gives me a big hug and kiss. Thats what being a dad is to me.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Time does fly by and I have probably forgotten more than I can remember of incidences of the past. One thing I can tell you is when they are grown and have kids of their own; it really comes home as to how blessed we are. Life is like a box of chocolates.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I could do without getting pee'd on several times, could have done without my son taking a bath, I turn around for a second and there he is, holding his nose saying, "dadda, poop" and then me trying to clean that out of the tub. I could have done without the witching hour for a few months when he was little, and the constant battles, but when my little boy realizes I am in the room, and he runs to me and says Dadda, i love you, and gives me a big hug and kiss. Thats what being a dad is to me.
Poo in the tub is terrible:(

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last night i was wrestling with my kids and had my 4 onth old son on my chest and as he was sitting up on his own for the very first time I started to think on the true joy of being a parent... then he puked on my face covering my beard glasses in partly curdled baby formula. I was surprised and less than pleased but then my daughter started laughing and I started laughing, then my daughter continued laugh so hard she peed, on the couch.

I may never be the father my father was to me but this year I am going to let him know how thankful I am to have something to strive towards. Happy father's day to all you dads.
Been there, done that!:tiphat: