What's new

Reinado Grand Empire Reserve

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Petite Lancero

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380591098.005096.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380591135.883247.jpg

Appearance:
Rough construction, veiny but felt consistently firm throughout. Very oily wrapper from top to bottom.

1st 3rd:
Coffee, cocoa and sweet tobacco smoke o'plenty! Pepper comes and goes in waves. Retrohale is nice and smooth. Looks like it might have relight issues because it looks 'wet', but none so far. Faint fruit in the background. Can't put my finger on it, but perhaps it will appear with more prominence later on.

2nd 3rd:
Pepper still present, but not overpowering. I think I figured out that fruit; it reminds me of the Malbec I had with dinner last night. Very tasty as it comes through even more. Taste of smoky cocoa sits on my lips from the dark oily wrapper. Getting some mesquite in the background ever so slightly.

3rd 3rd:
Hints of caramel coincide as the waves of pepper increase in intensity. Red wine gone replaced with leather and French vanilla. This is where the cigar really shines!

Overall:
Super oily wrapper makes one think that burn issues would ensue. Don't judge so hastily as this had a razor sharp straight burn line all the way through. No touch ups or relights. Tighter than normal draw with a tough light grey ash that wasn't flaky at all and hung around past 1" mark most of the time. Medium-full smoke mellowing only slightly towards the end.

Definitely box worthy. (Glad I have 9 more!)
Rating:
93/100

Hope you enjoy my take on these.

Thx..

KK33

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My cousin in Chicago buys these and loves them. Last time I was there he kept trying to get me to smoke one and I didn't. I wish I had now. Good review sir. Sounds like a stick I'm going to have to try now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review and I am totally stoked I have some of these. Antonio is putting out some fantastic smokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks so much for the review KK33. Really honored and grateful for the time and effort put forth as well as those tasty comments. Looking forward to smoking with you one day bro...

Best Regards,
Antonio

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Thanks so much for the review KK33. Really honored and grateful for the time and effort put forth as well as those tasty comments. Looking forward to smoking with you one day bro...

Best Regards,
Antonio
Had a feeling these were box worthy before I pulled the trigger. Sure glad I did. Thank you for making these in a size that I really dig. Not sure when you'll be in my neck of the woods or vice-versa, but yeah, for sure we could smoke one!

Thx again Antonio!

KK33