What's new

Rejoining the working force!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I know I don't do much talking about myself on here but I'm stoked to be starting a new job on Monday after two years of unemployment! I am a high voltage lineman by trade but a couple years ago I was in a pretty bad car accident that put me out of work. Have been a stay at home dad since, however with the new home purchase a one income family is no longer feasible. So I made a call and even though I'm not able to perform linework due to the demands physically I am now going to be trying my hand at being an Electrician. The gentleman that I'm working for wants to retire in ten years so all goes well and i enjoy it and decide not to go back to linework I have the opportunity to own my own business and be my own boss in ten years! :clap:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Congratulations, you have an amazing opportunity. Grab it with both hands and the best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Congrats James!

I had no idea you were out of work... Good luck in your new career!

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Congratulations! Electricity is something that has always peaked my curiosity, hope you enjoy it as well!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks brothers, the support and comradery means alot! I've been in electrical work for the last 12+ years just a shift in size and voltage, everything is heavy when building powerlines, have missed holding 14 thousand volts in my hands and feeling the hair all over my body stand on end with static and getting the adrenaline rush that goes along with it lol. My back was broken in the accident along with many other things but unless I really enjoy the electrician work it'll be a minimum of a year before I can expect to go back to powerlines if I so desire.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I currently work on a transmission project in the UK. I look after the commercial stuff but site visits are interesting when you go in the live 400kV compounds especially on nice damp days. The noise of it crackling away is a little off putting.

The chance to be your own boss is one not to be missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I always wanted to do live line work from a helicopter on 500 kv lines, looks like a kick in the pants for sure! Anyone who hasn't seen that done take a look at this!
[video=youtube;9tzga6qAaBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga6qAaBA[/video]

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Congratulations James!!

This sounds like a great opportunity for you! What do you plan on smoking to celebrate?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Rupe I have a slection of sticks I've never had so that's a hard one, however I'm smoking a couple chickens today and am leaning toward the Padron 64 that's in my humi, from the not my thing pass I believe, haven't had one yet. :)