What's new

Relax on Cigar Ban?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Nobody has even mentioned Cuban Rum in this thread.

I'm gonna be able to go down to the grocery store and buy Cuban Rum next week!!! Mojitos for everyone!!!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Nobody has even mentioned Cuban Rum in this thread.

I'm gonna be able to go down to the grocery store and buy Cuban Rum next week!!! Mojitos for everyone!!!
That's what I want more than the cigars

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I think the people that would travel to Cuba will travel anyways (illegally); however, with the addition of an American embassy, it makes it seem a little less sketchy. I've wanted to go for a while, but I read a VICE article a while back that kind of turned me off on it. Either way, it's nice that were making progress. Lord knows we do business with countries way more fucked up then Cuba, including a few that we have serious history with...

BTW, wasn't this all started by other countries boycotting some summit if Cuba couldn't attend? Kind of makes you realize how politics are really just high school, even on an international scale.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
This better explains what this means.

http://time.com/money/3639721/cuban-cigars-legal/

And here is the US Dept of Treasury page on the new issues,

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/pages/cuba.aspx

Based on everything that I have read and researched, only those travelers licensed to travel to Cuba can purchase Ccs. No other country is authorized for US travelers, as it's still illegal to transport them into the U.S. And cigars will not be sold in the US anytime soon.
Looks like the documents are the previous revisions that were enacted in 2004. I doubt we will see new docs until this clears the legislative branches of the government

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Well there's gonna be a shortage. Reality doesn't matter it's what people perceive and IF the cc buying world perceives that Americans are about to start snatching up sticks, then they will snatch up sticks first and there will be a shortage which will push prices up. I've already watched Mno2 box prices go up 7-10 usd on separate sites since Friday. COULD be unrelated but I doubt it.
Same thing happened with guns and ammo Obamas first term. You couldn't find a case of ammo and guns were on back order. However he hadn't changed or even drafted a change to a single gun law. Perception.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you for this. I've been pretty busy this week and I've been trying to get some information on what exactly this Cuba thing with Obama entails. The only thing I got out of it previously was about baseball...