What's new

Relaxing and having a great cigar

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I thought I'd just post and Tell everyone how much I have enjoyed and learned from this site, Just want to thank all you brothern of the cigar. right now I'm kicked back relaxing and smoking a beautiful CAO MX2 belicoso, personally I think it's a great smoke. what are some opinions on a best ranked maduro NC

Donk

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
mmmmmmmmmm........ maduro's
imho the best maduro is an Ashton Aged Maduro followed closely by a Onyx Reserve and a Partagas Black Label.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
how is the dark knight? I've thought about trying that one as well as the Partagas Black several times, often though I wind up getting a Fuente 858 though, it's a hard one to beat. I have been smoking this big boy now for roughly 2 plus hours now, man It's a big cigar

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Always have to enjoy sitting relaxing and enjoying a nice cigar....

No matter what it is, but those MX2's are good

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
how is the dark knight? I've thought about trying that one as well as the Partagas Black several times....
The Dark Knight is pretty dark, but it's not overwhelmingly strong.

The Partagas Black is one of my very favorite cigars. It's strong, but not "kick-you-in-the-pants" strong; I actually find it to be a smooth strength that delivers a helluva nicotine buzz. And the rich, creamy flavor is fantastic. If you're a fan of maduros, I highly recommend it.

Of course, the PAM is substantially better, although it's expensive realtive to the other maduros I listed, all of which should be under $5 a stick.

:smile:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just smoked one of those MX2's myself today. Outstanding smoke.

You might also want to try Gurkha Doble Maduro or IT Super Fuerte Maduro.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
well I will stop and pick up a couple cigars today and try some of your recomendations, but boy it's hard to beat that mx2 or a good fuente. thanks guys.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Send 'em to me Shawn, I've become a maduro who... um, lover. lol! I'm sitting in the new(old) house right now, relaxing with an El Rico Habano maduro as we, er, speak. It's been a long weekend moving and we just have the big stuff and essential clothes and food right now but it's good to be here.

I love the Helix maduro, Cusano P1, FdO, Punch, Ashton and several others I'm too tired to remember right now.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I picked up both the partagas black, as well as the Excaliber dark knight .
I was dissapointed in the dark knight. Didn't smoke well couldn't really taste anything.
Partagas black was good to but not nearly as good as CAO's MX2 and couldn't begin to stand up to a Fuente 858 maduro. I'd love to try an opus x but can't afford it. even one stick. Same as the aged ashton. I have to stay in the $10 and below range.
Any other suggestions would be great. I'm always looking for the next great smoke!!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Wow, strange....personally, I find the Partagas Black to have infinitely more flavor than the MX2 (which seems to rely solely on the wrapper for flavor). I guess the creamy-nuttyness of the Partagas Black really hits the spot for me, but just doesn't do it for you.

But hey, that's why there are a bazillion different cigars...because everyone has different tastes.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well I picked up a couple so it might take a few go arounds for the taste to come around. Good quality and construction in the partagas though, as well as a nice burn. what size do you smoke? I picked up a couple of big boys I thin like 6 by 54+ ish'

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I generally buy the Classico (5.2x54) which in fact I'll be finishing off a box of fery soon. I will probably buy the same size, mainly because I like the larger ring gauge.

On occasion, I have bought the Magnifico (6x54) as well because it too has the same ring gauge.