What's new

Remember when...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I was smoking a Romacraft Aquitaine on the ride home today, and I started reflecting on how much stuff in the cigar industry has changed since I joined up on BOTL just five years ago. Thought it would be nice to get a little nostalgia thread going. Just to keep it game-ish, you can only reflect on one concept at a time, and someone else has to post after your comment before you can go again - like how the "this or that" or scrabble threads work. So what do you miss?

I'll start off:

Remember when Romacraft only made the Cromagnon, and it didn't have a band on it?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Oh man, I could load up some pics that would raise the roof. But I won't. Lol

Made a lot of friends (called family here) and miss seeing them here. I should talk, but as you get older (especially with kids) time gets sucked up and a lot of things become secondary. I'm sure those who get it, get it.

Like me, over time as things get back into place, my hope is that I see more of you's and the FOG's that taught me a lot. For example:

Gibbleguts
Oneaday
Moro (you little beaner-miss "ye")
Dapriceanator
ElectricPopsickle
And the rest of you. You know who you are.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Oh man, I could load up some pics that would raise the roof. But I won't. Lol

Made a lot of friends (called family here) and miss seeing them here. I should talk, but as you get older (especially with kids) time gets sucked up and a lot of things become secondary. I'm sure those who get it, get it.

Like me, over time as things get back into place, my hope is that I see more of you's and the FOG's that taught me a lot. For example:

Gibbleguts
Oneaday
Moro (you little beaner-miss "ye")
Dapriceanator
ElectricPopsickle
And the rest of you. You know who you are.
I remember ur Fancy Golf outfit that U had when u and @darkman played Beth-Page, I can't remember but who Lost @Hendy ......That was a great "The Long Island Herf"

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I remember ur Fancy Golf outfit that U had when u and @darkman played Beth-Page, I can't remember but who Lost @Hendy ......That was a great "The Long Island Herf"
Brad, you are right. That was a stellar trip. And Jerome stomped me. He's still pissed the caddy gave him a bad yardage on 18. Too Soon BA? Lol,

The first Cali event I attended at Jwintosh's was stellar also. All the oldies were there (I was one of the young ones-imagine that shit). Was a killer time and everyone was hammered all the time. Playing golf in a swimsuit and flip flops with rented clubs was entertaining to say the least. So many memories, there's not enough room here to tell all the stories.

Wonder if Jeff ever got all that hair out of his pool from Big Foot skinny dipping. And for the record, I did not go in the pool after that. Scorned me for life.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Remember when I got caught up on the hype.
Yea, we all need to take a deep breath once and a while (a lot of the time I need to listen to my own advice). We are passionate about this place and the smokes. Sometimes we don't prioritize our opinions. First and foremost is that we are a Family and "Families" argue and have opinions. At the end of the day, we are brothers (and sisters) and that should never be forgotten.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Yea, we all need to take a deep breath once and a while (a lot of the time I need to listen to my own advice). We are passionate about this place and the smokes. Sometimes we don't prioritize our opinions. First and foremost is that we are a Family and "Families" argue and have opinions. At the end of the day, we are brothers (and sisters) and that should never be forgotten.
Your avatar makes me dizzy.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Remember Edie Adams telling us to "pick one up and smoke it sometime" referring to the Muriel Cigars....that might have been the precursor for me getting into cigars...she was quite the sexpot in those days.