What's new

Remix - Broadleaf Style

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Part of me thinks "man, that is pretty cool" and the other part of me thinks "man, he ruined 4 cigars". LoL. Cool idea Eddie!
Oh. I had automatic regret as soon as I sprayed and cut the cigar... I'm cool with the outcome though. Too bad it's going to take some time for the wrappers to bounce back to being smokable. I'm already antsy to see how the flavors have changed.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Part of me thinks "man, that is pretty cool" and the other part of me thinks "man, he ruined 4 cigars". LoL. Cool idea Eddie!
Oh. I had automatic regret as soon as I sprayed and cut the cigar... I'm cool with the outcome though. Too bad it's going to take some time for the wrappers to bounce back to being smokable. I'm already antsy to see how the flavors have changed.

Ok so I just saw this thread for the first time after seeing the "bomb" thread just posted... So damn Eddie, you literally wet the wrapper, then cut the wrapper down a straight line, then used glue/pectin to put it on the other cigar? Do you just jimmy rig the cap/head with glue to make it smokeable? Nice, got me interested... maybe a Partagas wrapper on Cohiba?

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Damn Ryan. You make me sound like a butcher :) It does take a little finesse to get it done right. You are right in regards to the process other than cutting down the middle part. I just follow the seams where the cigar was rolled initially and it unravels. Then I swap the wrappers without making it look like complete shit. I'm still figuring out the cap. It's not very easy to remove the cap without damaging it. If it is salvageable I re-glue it on the new cigar. Otherwise I do a pig tail but its not a true cap but just the wrapper extending past the cigars. Hopefully those don't unravel once I smoke it. I imagine if I make a nice cut and don't slobber all over the cigar, it will hold together.

I've smoked a couple of my experiments and the TAA '12 wrapper on the J21 was decent. Nothing to write home about. The Anejo shark wrapper on the J21 was a different story though. I really enjoyed that blend. I bought a box of Anejo 50s so can play with my swaps without feeling too guilty on price. The shark experiment would be way too costly. BTW, CC wrappers are real tough to swap. They are delicate and fall apart easily. I'm sure I'll try a CC to CC swap pretty soon. Party to Cohiba swap? You might just get your wish :skew: I think my next project will be either a Tat Sumatra wrapper or an Anejo wrapper on a Goldie No. 2.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Inspires me to wrap a couple of my LFD NAS cheroots. Just need some donor cigars, any suggestions? Thinking a LAT, GER, or Le Bijou, maybe even an EC wrapper.