What's new

Rescued

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Since we lost our Golden last year we have been toying with fostering a dog. Turns out we have a local Golden rescue group and we filled out the form online and waited. Five minutes later the call; would we consider a bonded pair. Two dogs that have been togther all their lives, litter mates, a boy and a girl. They are four years old. Not puppies. No one will take two dogs. What the hell.

Meet Luke and Leyla. Fostered, and next week we adopt. Who needs a yerad anyway. Great dogs with a great personality. Welcome home.

That's great! I believe in pet adoption and support are local non-kill Humane Society. I have to great cat's, both strays. Again, that's great!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Kudos Chuck! Very kind of you to help fill a great need! We tried that but kept everyone we fostered and had to bail after five.:sadstare:

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Well done brother. They look quite happy. Probably be happier if you'd take that fence down in front of the Koi pond. :)

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice work! My parents just adopted a year old female from their local golden rescue last week.

How are your new "kids" settling in? They both look like great dogs.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Great move, Chuck! As long as there is room in your heart, there will be room in the yard. Those are two beautiful dogs.

All of our cats (I've lost count, but there's a mess of them running around here) are all rescues or strays. Even one kitten we rescued from being stuck in a tree...what a cliche!

Two of the males are litter-mates and could never, ever be separated.

I feel badly for people who don't have pets.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good looking set of Golden's...I just watched a show on the breed and was amazed at how much i didn't know about the breed. Good luck!

The wife and I want to get a second dog, we have a border collie and were talking about a golden if we don't go with another border!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Dogs are both doing great. The fence was due to our last Golden that loved to swim in the pond and catch fish. Couple pricey koi in there that we don't want to be dinner. Female is a huntress. Already caught a bird in the yard and is looking for our two cats who both grew up with Goldens so they are pretty fast.