What's new

Resellers ridiculous prices

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pay $300 for the box, I know I have at least 3 friends I could split it with. $40 a stick is steep , havent quite decided if I want to go that route yet. We'll see. I just find it ridiculous.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
There are just too many good cigars out there for me to be paying significantly above MSRP on any of them...

I get "the chase" aspect of things.. and understand limited quantities, releases in other parts of the world that make it more difficult to obtain here, etc..etc..etc...

But.. if I cant get something at a reasonable price point.. I simply apply my money to another purchase (that is reasonable)..

Its just a bunch of leaves...

If I go to my grave having never smoked a UC Pig.. Ill be ok.. (would love to try one.. but I have no intention of making myself an intentional victim of another mans highway robbery in order to do so...)...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that people buy boxes of cigars the post it on ebay for double or triple the price? For example this dude selling a box of Undercrown Flying pigs for $500.
Sadly enough someone will eventually break down and buy them. Kinda scummy IMO, but still his right to do so.
I totally agree with you

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I don't think the prices on eBay are too unreasonable myself. You're paying for ease of access as well. Some of the cigars I see on there are a pain in the ass to obtain, so being able to grab them with just a couple clicks is worth the extra cash to avoid the sometimes agonizing chase. Although I think the chase is part of what makes obtaining the hard to find/rare cigars that much better.

I'd pay $40 for a cigar that I would never be able to have otherwise, especially from Drew Estate.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I don't think the prices on eBay are too unreasonable myself. You're paying for ease of access as well. Some of the cigars I see on there are a pain in the ass to obtain, so being able to grab them with just a couple clicks is worth the extra cash to avoid the sometimes agonizing chase. Although I think the chase is part of what makes obtaining the hard to find/rare cigars that much better.

I'd pay $40 for a cigar that I would never be able to have otherwise, especially from Drew Estate.
I remember when I used to feel this way....

After a while you realize the chase never stops and there will always be another rare/htf/LE cigar around the corner and you'll stop spending 4x what a cigar is worth and buy 4 cigars of the next release.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Remember Ebay does not allow the sale of tobacco for the purpose of smoking. They do allow us to sell collectible bands and packaging. I would deffinetly make sure you were getting an unopened/sealed box.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
They sell unopened cigars on eBay all the time. They just have to "say" they are selling the band, or packaging as collectible item, and that the tobacco is not meant for consumption.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0

I remember when I used to feel this way....

After a while you realize the chase never stops and there will always be another rare/htf/LE cigar around the corner and you'll stop spending 4x what a cigar is worth and buy 4 cigars of the next release.
Amen Craig. I'll add this too. Just the fact that they only made 100boxes of a cigar does not mean it's a great cigar. I've smoked many limited and rare cigars only to be left wondering where the orgasm or euphoric experience people often use to describe the smoking of rare cigars. I think the rarity and exclusivity of many of the smokes makes some smokers ratchet up their love of the smoke. If it were a $5 regular release I'm sure many of limited releases would just end up being that smoke the budget savvy smoker picks up on a regular basis. So if anyone really wants to try a cigar that's rare/limited remember this, IT'S STILL JUST A CIGAR! When you light the cigar it turns to ash just like every other cigar you've smoked. It may be good it may be great, it may not sing your song. So my advice is to not really worry too much about getting past releases unless it's easy to acquire. I don't like to work hard for my smoking experience and paying 4x-5x retail for a smoke and having to FIND someone to pay the high price is not my bag dude. Hell for the most part I only buy regular production labels anymore because I know it'll always be there.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Yeah I have been hunting down some stuff and man it gets a little taxing. There are plenty of cigars that are out there readily aval. that are great smokes and I need to take the time to just enjoy those and if the opportunity presents itself for a HTF or rare stick then if I am able to, pounce. I have only really been heavy into having a good inventory of cigars for a short time now and I guess got caught up in the ohhs and ahhs of some limited release stuff. Think the more I find some relatively cheaper smokes that I enjoy the need to have these elusive cigars is starting to fade.

^ You said it right, they all just get smoked (and should be). I still want to get my little Liga collection to a certain point but I don't think to be scouring the interwebs for them as I had been. If I am meant to smoke it, it will happen. I hopefully have many great years ahead of myself to acquire HTF/LE sticks, so I just need to sit back cut the heads off and light as many feet as I can while relaxing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have been hunting down some stuff and man it gets a little taxing. There are plenty of cigars that are out there readily aval. that are great smokes and I need to take the time to just enjoy those and if the opportunity presents itself for a HTF or rare stick then if I am able to, pounce. I have only really been heavy into having a good inventory of cigars for a short time now and I guess got caught up in the ohhs and ahhs of some limited release stuff. Think the more I find some relatively cheaper smokes that I enjoy the need to have these elusive cigars is starting to fade.

^ You said it right, they all just get smoked (and should be). I still want to get my little Liga collection to a certain point but I don't think to be scouring the interwebs for them as I had been. If I am meant to smoke it, it will happen. I hopefully have many great years ahead of myself to acquire HTF/LE sticks, so I just need to sit back cut the heads off and light as many feet as I can while relaxing.
I agree with you. I like the hunt, and I like tracking down the htf sticks / making trades and meeting new people. I dont mind paying over market value but 3,4 and 5 times is ridiculous. I hunt the htf stuff down and once i get them all i will smoke them. My Liga collection only needs the velvet rat, t52 pig, UC pig and bashert and it will be complete. THen I will smoke them all!!!

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0

I agree with you. I like the hunt, and I like tracking down the htf sticks / making trades and meeting new people. I dont mind paying over market value but 3,4 and 5 times is ridiculous. I hunt the htf stuff down and once i get them all i will smoke them. My Liga collection only needs the velvet rat, t52 pig, UC pig and bashert and it will be complete. THen I will smoke them all!!!
What's a bashert? I thought I had them.all but the UC