What's new

Resellers ridiculous prices

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
What about the black band FFP with the Ecuadorian wrapper? There was like a dozen or so made IIRC, wonder what's that is worth....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A BOTL looking for some funds just sold 2 FFPs and a Bashert on instagram maybe about a week ago. I think the ending bid was $100 for the 3 sticks. They are very hard to even find, and when you do you better believe that they'll be pricey, but yeah they're starting to pop up more and more these days.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
A BOTL looking for some funds just sold 2 FFPs and a Bashert on instagram maybe about a week ago. I think the ending bid was $100 for the 3 sticks. They are very hard to even find, and when you do you better believe that they'll be pricey, but yeah they're starting to pop up more and more these days.
I've only seen pictures of the Bashert Flying Pig.... Here's a youtube of Drew Estate packaging the cigar:
[video=youtube;ej_DYd5Eerc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ej_DYd5Eerc[/video]

I love the humidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay allows a free posting, but usually charges to re-list an item that didn't sell. The old method was charging up front + a final value fee, so is precise the ease of their new pricing system.

Also, people don't check - I've resold games for more than you can buy them new unopened on eBay multiple times recently. Not everyone is savvy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Supply and demand. As long as they are not misleading about the product they have (and were well taken care of being cigars and all)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'd have the guess that the Bashert is just a FFP with a different band. They don't look any different. Realistically it would be completely crazy for them to blend a new stick just to make a few hundred for his wedding. Not that JD isn't completely crazy enough to do it, but seems a little far to go.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I'd have the guess that the Bashert is just a FFP with a different band. They don't look any different. Realistically it would be completely crazy for them to blend a new stick just to make a few hundred for his wedding. Not that JD isn't completely crazy enough to do it, but seems a little far to go.
This is absolutely not true.

The Bashert Pig uses the same basic blend as the FFP, but replaces one of the ligero leaves with a Seco leaf to tone down the strength and bump up the complexity (and which I can tell you from personal experience, changes the profile quite a bit). In addition, the foot on the Bashert Pig is cut a little higher than the FFP, to differentiate them.

Crappy Photo here ( I was too lazy to upload to the photo to the forum, sorry): https://twitter.com/elbrooksie/status/357948770941538306/photo/1

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ultimately, it just matters if it's worth it to you or not. I've chased a few, and I've spent 40+ on one stick. It is certainly not something I am willing to do on any kind of regular basis when you can get so many great smokes for less than a quarter of that, but if you get your heart set on it then why not? I've seen a guy on ebay posting dress boxes of the Tat Monsters for insane money. I think it's painful, but more power to someone who is set on them and willing to pay. That said it won't be me... :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is absolutely not true.

The Bashert Pig uses the same basic blend as the FFP, but replaces one of the ligero leaves with a Seco leaf to tone down the strength and bump up the complexity (and which I can tell you from personal experience, changes the profile quite a bit). In addition, the foot on the Bashert Pig is cut a little higher than the FFP, to differentiate them.

Crappy Photo here ( I was too lazy to upload to the photo to the forum, sorry): https://twitter.com/elbrooksie/status/357948770941538306/photo/1
Brooks, thanks for the clarifications. Awesome photo too.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
After being in this hobby for many years now I can tell you that no cigar is worth 3 or more times it's value. It's just tobacco and you'll just burn your hard earned money away. There are so many good cigars out there right now i just find it hard to justify spending so much on something that goes up in smoke. Personally I don't care what people do with there cigars or how much they ask for them. It's the ones who have good connections, buy multiple boxs for the purpose of gouging, and leaving leaving regular customers without. Still...people can do what they want and spend what they want.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
After being in this hobby for many years now I can tell you that no cigar is worth 3 or more times it's value. It's just tobacco and you'll just burn your hard earned money away. There are so many good cigars out there right now i just find it hard to justify spending so much on something that goes up in smoke. Personally I don't care what people do with there cigars or how much they ask for them. It's the ones who have good connections, buy multiple boxs for the purpose of gouging, and leaving leaving regular customers without. Still...people can do what they want and spend what they want.
People will pay absurd amounts just to have certain cigars in their collection. Who knows if people will ever smoke some of this stuff, which completely defeats the purpose of owning cigars, but what the hell do I know? Not all that long ago I saw a guy selling all the Tat Halloween dress boxes all together for some stupid price. And somebody paid it almost instantly. And the absurd part is the Frank is no longer smoking well, the Drac was never that great, the Face is going downhill and you can take or leave the last two releases. Pork Tenderloins and Barclay Rex will still fetch over $25 a stick any day of the week - and the consensus is that the best days for these blends are about a year in the rearview mirror! I see ISOs for these all the time and people are just pissing their money away, and lining up to do so.

Velvet Rats will fetch $30 a piece no problem and eventually they'll be released for half that price, but people want it in their collection now for some reason. UF-4's aren't much cheaper either, and once again they'll be re-released for a fraction of the cost. A Bashert Pig for $50? Hell, just go to an event hosted by Samuel and get one for free with entry but people will spend the money who don't know any better, I suppose. Echo that sentiment for Liga A's - a coffin is about $80. Buy a box at an event and get the coffin for free.

The moral of the story is that logic and price do not (since I have been in this hobby) go hand in hand. Not saying I always show large amounts of restraint, but even I have my limits. There are always d-bags posing as BOTLs that are looking to rape people for profit and donkey dicks dying to fork over gobs of money for some HTF release that stopped being worth salt a while ago or pay 3x times retail just so they can say that they have something rare. You'll never see me waste my money like that. I prefer to be smart and invest my money wisely - in hookers and blow.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
People will pay absurd amounts just to have certain cigars in their collection. Who knows if people will ever smoke some of this stuff, which completely defeats the purpose of owning cigars, but what the hell do I know? Not all that long ago I saw a guy selling all the Tat Halloween dress boxes all together for some stupid price. And somebody paid it almost instantly. And the absurd part is the Frank is no longer smoking well, the Drac was never that great, the Face is going downhill and you can take or leave the last two releases. Pork Tenderloins and Barclay Rex will still fetch over $25 a stick any day of the week - and the consensus is that the best days for these blends are about a year in the rearview mirror! I see ISOs for these all the time and people are just pissing their money away, and lining up to do so.

Velvet Rats will fetch $30 a piece no problem and eventually they'll be released for half that price, but people want it in their collection now for some reason. UF-4's aren't much cheaper either, and once again they'll be re-released for a fraction of the cost. A Bashert Pig for $50? Hell, just go to an event hosted by Samuel and get one for free with entry but people will spend the money who don't know any better, I suppose. Echo that sentiment for Liga A's - a coffin is about $80. Buy a box at an event and get the coffin for free.

The moral of the story is that logic and price do not (since I have been in this hobby) go hand in hand. Not saying I always show large amounts of restraint, but even I have my limits. There are always d-bags posing as BOTLs that are looking to rape people for profit and donkey dicks dying to fork over gobs of money for some HTF release that stopped being worth salt a while ago or pay 3x times retail just so they can say that they have something rare. You'll never see me waste my money like that. I prefer to be smart and invest my money wisely - in hookers and blow.
Hookers and blow for the win! lmao. Also amen to the posing of BOTLs. Luckily, from my short time here, it seems as though most people on here are actual Brothers willing to support one another. It is awesome and I am very happy to be a part of it.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is the way I see it:
Auctions are fine as long as the starting price/reserve is reasonable, it allows the consumer to set the price on the rare item.
Posting on a forum in a for sale ad, for a large profit is not cool. You deserve some profit for your time but that's not twice the price or more. ESPECIALLY, if you get the item on a group buy.

I have been given numerous items, particularly in hockey that have quite some value for testing/demoing/reviewing and NEVER once have I sold any item. If I have something that was given to me that I don't use, I give it to someone else to use and ask them to add to that community by reviewing it.

As always, let your conscience be your guide.