What's new

Retrohaling Cheap Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I retrohale a premium cigar it makes the experience far better but when I retrohale a cheap everyday cigar it ruins the entire smoking experience.

I cut one of these Don Rafael Maduro's open and I noticed there were a lot of stems inside.

Could this be what's causing this abrasive sinus burning retrohale?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, its the cheap or underdeveloped tobacco that's causing that. Stems are part of the product, even in premiums.
I see, I assumed it was the large stems because when I rolled my own I removed the spine of the leaf and didn't get any sinus burn

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Brian Glynn on YouTube did a dissection of a 1964 Padron Anniversary and it had a ton of big stems, also I've had stems in all of the Padrons I have smoked. I don't think stems affect quality too much. More likely to be underaged or low quality leaves that are giving an abrasiveness on the retrohale, as StogieNinja stated above.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian Glynn on YouTube did a dissection of a 1964 Padron Anniversary and it had a ton of big stems, also I've had stems in all of the Padrons I have smoked. I don't think stems affect quality too much. More likely to be underaged or low quality leaves that are giving an abrasiveness on the retrohale, as StogieNinja stated above.
I will have to checkout the video!
Thanks for the feedback