What's new

return to sender..."refused"

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
On 2/14/07, I sent a nice gurkha sampler to a fellow BOTL who had requested such.... received it back in the mail today. I was actually excited, thinking someone sent me sticks :clap:

to my chagrin, it was a returned package to me, marked "refused." i had completely forgot this was still out there. Now, I'm not throwing down said BOTL as he alerted me that customs put a hold on the package and elected not to pick it up.

so, now, i have five very dry sticks! the ancient warrior's wrapper has completely unraveled, and the legend perfecto is, uh, shedding! quite the mess!

now i know what happens to cigars that are not properly humidified!! a total loss.... bummer....

GWN

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hope I never have to refuse a shipment but will if I have to ... taxes here are beotch.
Nevertheless, I'd say reparations are in order.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well poop....that sucks!

I really need to just invest in Boveda packs; I have used them in the past on bombs when I've had them, but it makes sense to just ALWAYS use one. You know, just in case.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm just curious; what did you declare the package as?
I dampen a papertowel with distilled water and put it in a separate ziplock bag, leave the baggy open and place it in the ziplock with the smokes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a bunch of those JR's credit card looking things that you can soak in distilled water, then put into the package. They keep the cigars nice and wet. I'd rather they arrive a little bit wet than dried out.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
That stinks Jeff, my condolences to the now dead cigars.

All my sticks go in 3 and 5 finger baggies zipped up tight that I ship out. I can not believe the way some sticks come to me; flopping around in boxes and without protection of any kind sometimes. :sadpace:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
That stinks Jeff, my condolences to the now dead cigars.

All my sticks go in 3 and 5 finger baggies zipped up tight that I ship out. I can not believe the way some sticks come to me; flopping around in boxes and without protection of any kind sometimes. :sadpace:
Ditto....I use 3-finger, 5-finger, and even individual cigar bags, usually stuffed inside another larger bag, and wrapped in bubble wrap so they don't move.

I too have received some oddly packed things; funniest was a cigar that was literally BENT to fit inside a small box. :rofl:

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I too have received some oddly packed things; funniest was a cigar that was literally BENT to fit inside a small box. :rofl:
:wtf:

I do not have many 5 finger bags, but I try to pack them as good as I can. I hope all my packages have to to there brothers in good shape. And sorry for the loss Jeff.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
How long was the package out? That sucks. Definately would think about a boveda or something of the sort when sending to certain locals.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
well, i mailed it on 2/14. i put 'cigars' on the custom form, with an amount of $1.25, as requested. the main reason for the post was the shape the cigars came back in. quite dry, brittle to the touch. the mere persperation from my fingertips caused the wrapper to stick/break off. i snapped on in half! gonna give them a proper firepit burial later tonight!!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Duh, you said when you sent them in your first post! LMAO. OK, yeah, that long is definately going to mess with them.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
well, i mailed it on 2/14. i put 'cigars' on the custom form, with an amount of $1.25, as requested. the main reason for the post was the shape the cigars came back in. quite dry, brittle to the touch. the mere persperation from my fingertips caused the wrapper to stick/break off. i snapped on in half! gonna give them a proper firepit burial later tonight!!
That's why customs nabbed them 'cigars'. You should send the guy 'gifts' like children's action figure, or hat, etc.:wink:

Our government likes tobacco products.....makes them lots of money.:argh:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Yes, when I've sent packages to our northern neighbor, I mark the contents as "aromatherapy sticks" or "handmade artwork" ( both are true descriptions ) ... never had a problem.

DMK

DMK
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hand knit gift, scented candles, model kit... use a little imagination and the gestapo aka Canada Customs, leave them alone and they sail through.
Mention 'cigars' or tobacco products in any way shape or form and the bastids inspect, decide the value... and tax the bejebus out of them.
I had the refuse a box from overseas once due to the declaration of 'cigars'
The gestapo decided a $140.00 box of cigars was worth another $285.00 in excise tax, duty, fed tax, provincial tax and Oh ya... brokerage fees....