What's new

Returning To The Leaf

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beer-filled Friday Happy Hours, Buffalo Bills season tickets, and large rock concerts are in my rear-view mirror. I dipped my toe into the fog-filled "Cigar testing days" of the 1980's/1990's, but life got in the way of further exploration.

Now the kids are grown and retirement will begin in a couple years. We enjoy the relaxation of our Summer cottage with friends, sunsets, wine and good quality Irish Whiskey.

Lately I've embraced a return to the cigar leaf, minus the fog.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Retirement is a great time to enjoy cigars. Smoke when you want instead of when you have time to. Welcome back to the hobby.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from North Idaho
the only problem with starting late (I was 60 when I started this hobby) is some of the folks here age there sticks for 10 years or more and i'm thinking"dam I can't smoke these till I'm 70 ???" Just can't wait that long :LOL:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son suggested to start with Robusto size, Mild to Medium body to start.
Currently alternating about 1 a day between:
Romeo y Julieta 1875 (enjoying)
Odyssey Sweet Tip (OK)

Just received bundles of 10 to 20:
(waiting in the wings)
La Finca Fifty Four
Ammo Toro La Finca
Ashton Magnum Alternatives
Rocky Patel Vintage 1999
Camacho Connecticut
Camacho Triple Maduro

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That Camacho Triple Maduro would qualify as "knock your socks of strong" compared to the others on your list. Looks like your trying to keep your purchases to around $3 a cigar so you might try the Flor De Oliva natural, For a smaller cigar the La Palina Kill Bill and Kill Bill II might be good options.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Camacho Triple Maduro would qualify as "knock your socks of strong" compared to the others on your list. Looks like your trying to keep your purchases to around $3 a cigar so you might try the Flor De Oliva natural, For a smaller cigar the La Palina Kill Bill and Kill Bill II might be good options.
You are right, Sir, on all accounts. Thanks for the recommendations.
I feel I should have a strong cigar in my humidor. As Muddy Waters says, "I'm A Man".

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I feel I should have a strong cigar in my humidor. As Muddy Waters says, "I'm A Man".
Yes, but, if you sit on it for too long without smoking it, it will develop the confidence to start taunting you. Don’t let that happen - the next time you have one of those days where you NEED a tall stiff drink, that Camacho is your cigar to pair it with (y)