What's new

Returning to the smoking chair...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago, I decided to quit smoking. I took my 120 qt cooler full of cigars and 2 small humidors and turned it over to my local club. Just 2 weeks ago, I decided that I really miss it. I called the club and asked what happened to all that goodness (I had some 2001 ERDMs and some 2003 Padrons that were just wonderful!) They told me that they packaged the thing up and sent it to the troops overseas!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost cried. Seriously, they didn't know that I am aggressively supportive of our troops (<------- former Marine) but somehow they did the one thing that would allow me to not feel bad about losing all those great cigars.

Well, anyway, I am back in it. I ordered a Newair 280 and some drawers from Forrest.

I am feverishly trying to find out what is "in" these days and trying to determine what I will fill the 28 bottle cooler with. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Welcome back! No shame in taking a break, and its nice to know your sticks went to give a little r&r to the guys who make it possible for us to sit back and herf!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Man, I did the very same thing a couple years ago, now I have a 500 count humi and 3 smaller ones, welcome back to the wonderful world of relaxin with a good gar.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I am feverishly trying to find out what is "in" these days and trying to determine what I will fill the 28 bottle cooler with. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I'd take it slow, personally. If I had to start over, I'd do things so differently, especially since you already know what you enjoyed before. I'd start looking specifically at fivers of a few of my favorites from before, and begin looking at what other BOTLs recommend based on what I thought about those. I'd disregard what is "in" and pursue smokes that were in the low-end of the premium range.

But to answer your question, right now Liga Privada, Tatuaje, Viaje, and a number of boutique cigars seem to be en vogue. 7-20-4, RoMa Craft and some other small-batch guys are doing well and making great product. Lanceros are popular right now too, and I think a resurgence of small-rg is on the horizon!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! I have been looking at a lot of fivers lately and plan to stick to more premium lines.

When I had the 120 qt, I had a lot of "filler" cigars (like Mayorgas)... Gars that were more for maintaining humidity than smoking. I don't plan on doing that again. I am going to stick with good stuff from here on out.

By the way, I was Apachebell on the old Cigar Weekly forums before we came over here, if anyone remembers me from back there. Real name is Tim, though. Apache was the name of a Rottweiler I once had..

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Sounds like you have a plan welcome back and congrats in being able to realize and participate in something you enjoy. New stuff? I'm learning with you brother I've a lot of sticks to try that I'd not ventured into but learned of here such as Roma craft , tatuaje and drew estates lines. Previous to joining I was pretty straight forward with ccs or their nc counterparts and a few others

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome back Tim :waving:

Glad to hear that your back into the hobby! Liga Privada, Tatuaje and Roma Craft are putting out some great stuff right now. Of course you can't go wrong with Fuente either. :)

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Welcome back! I'm sure you will be able to weave your back to a full humi in short order. lots of great sticks out there.