What's new

Reusable Bottles for Homebrew

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Is there any particular bottle/brand I should be buying of beer that I can reuse the bottles to fill with homebrew?

Obviously they'd have to be pop tops and not twist offs. Any widely available brands in which the labels are easy to remove?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can't just hit up the homebrew store? I've always just bought 48 amber 12oz bottles for maybe $10. Way cheaper than you can buy any beer for reusing the bottles. But as far as the question goes no, I've not a clue. The label coming off isn't a problem since you would be washing the outside and inside with the hot water. It would remove any glue with enough scrubbing and water.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Can't just hit up the homebrew store? I've always just bought 48 amber 12oz bottles for maybe $10. Way cheaper than you can buy any beer for reusing the bottles. But as far as the question goes no, I've not a clue. The label coming off isn't a problem since you would be washing the outside and inside with the hot water. It would remove any glue with enough scrubbing and water.
the ones at the homebrew store don't come with intoxicating beverages inside :( Will be getting some 22oz bottles, 12x are $14 at local place

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've used New Belgium bottles and have no problem removing the labels. Their 1554 is awesome with a med-full cigar. It's my favorite cigar/beer pairing when it gets cooler out.